The Ladder Theory

Wacky Nacky

Tom meets Jane. She's pretty and seems interesting to talk to. Tom and Jane start haging out and talking more and more. Tom develops an attraction to Jane, and one day tries to kiss her. Jane tell Tom she doesn't think of him that way and she wants to remain friends. The next few weeks contact between the two falls off. Jane starts fucking an outlaw biker.
Jane's a whore. I'd lose contact and then eventually get up enough nerve to be able to talk to the guy again. I think guys have 2 ladders as well ;). I'm on the friend's ladder of both the guys I'd do.

Tom meets Jane. She's cute and seems smart. After an appropriate amount of time he asks her out on a date. She acccepts and they have what seems to be a perfectly nice date. Tom thinks he has a chance with Jane. He asks her out again. She says no, either explicitly or by never returning his phone call. Tom has no idea what the Hell just happened. Jane starts fucking an unemployed alcoholic.
Told you she was a whore. I could never screw with an unemployed alcoholic. First off, I don't like it when people get drunk. I'll put up with it if you're a fun drunk, but drunk people in general make me nervous. Second off...If he's an unemployed alcoholic, that means that he's going to be sucking *my* money for his stupid beers. No way, no how, he's got to go he ain't gonna be on either ladder.

Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he :
He'd turn me down and ask me why I was hiding behind sex.

cuddle bitch(n) - a guy who never gets to sleep with a girl but gets to have intimate moments with her like cuddling, spooning, or otherwise being affectionate. Usually this will occur in private. She probably considers him a really sweet guy, which is the kiss of death.
Naw, i'd consider him really sweet and if he was patient enough he'd prolly be able to get laid.

freako104

:rolleyes: so he met the wrong women now hes a misogynist. and he also used Nietzsche a philosopher known for disrespect(read some of his works) to women. this shit annoys me. most of the girls ive known are nothing like that.

Wacky Nacky

I was away and i've thought a bit more about it. If women don't want a sensitive, caring, intelligent, romatic man why do they say they do? And wouldn't that make being a rapist the number one guy who gets laid and all that shiz? Since anyone who rapes a woman is completely the opposite of what any woman would ask for?

freako104

i will be honest. being sensiytive and caring has gotten me further than being a badass. so ive been finding women who want a sensitive and caring guy. but rapists noone likes.the guy just met some slutty assed women(i apologise for the deragatory terms if they are offensive let me know i will edit it as i dont want to offend on here) who obviously made him think all women are the same. :rolleyes: but some women do like the badguy types. not all but i know a few who do

a13antichrist

A lot of what this guy is saying has merit. I don't totally agree with his theory, but I don't totally disagree either. He has accurately observed the situation but his perspective is wrong, which has led him to make attributions of cause which aren't totally accurate.

Wacky Nacky said:
If women don't want a sensitive, caring, intelligent, romatic man why do they say they do?

Because to admit that would be to label herself a money-grubbing whore. Because guys expressly avoid such a woman, just as women avoid guys that simply want a hot chick to fuck. The proof of this is precisely in its application - it fails to hold when the guy is so rich that the chick doesn't mind if he only wants to fuck, or when the chick is so hot that the guy doesn't mind if she only wants his money.

Of course, if a woman can have a man who is sensitive, caring, intelligent and romantic, as well as being rich, so much the better. The proof however that this is not the priority is found precisely in the "just friends" guys - guys that have everything that women claim they want, but whom don't interest her sexually.

Anyway, my main contribution to this thread is both critical and supportive. I agree with his axiom that all men place all women they meet on such a ladder. I disagree that placing a woman highly on his ladder prevents him being friends with her. If it did, he wouldn't be able to be friends with a woman he didn't want to have sex with either..

In essence though the theory isn't really saying anything at all - simply that men rate all women and that women separate friends from sexual partners. Well duh. What exactly are you trying to disprove, Hubba?