The Annual Vee Sighting

Professur

I know. You guys are a lot further north too. Doesn't mean I enjoy hearing about it. Is the chair-o-meter set up?

Professur

I'm still praying for a pair of warm dry days and nights to get the elastomer down on the trailer's roof. Otherwise I'm gonna have to whip out the torch and try and weld up a few of the larger cracks.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Heck. We have several flocks of full time canadian geese setting up shop around here that never leave. They've even hatched their chicks here. Damn tourists.

Have shotgun, will travel...:devious:

FTR...I'm federally protected, too...to a certain extent. ;)

Professur

You had to say it, didn't you Paul? It's flammin' snowing here now. And I'm holding you personally responsible for it.

unclehobart

Killed a man for making it snow... in Canada... in deep fall... hmm...

hmm...

Sure... why not... Its not like killing an Ontarian is a crime anyways. ;)

Labatts all around!

unclehobart

Let me guess... keep your car off the streets for the overnight snow plows or else youre going to find your car towed or summarily shoved off the road.

Inkara1

I have a friend who owns house in Brea (Orange County, CA) and there, they have a regulation that you can't park on the street between 2 and 6 a.m. Why? For aesthetic reasons... because it's obvious tourists who head to Brea between 2 and 6 a.m. hoping to shop at the Brea Mall, only to find it closes at 9 p.m., are going to just roam the streets of the town and see what it has to offer when most of the residents are asleep.

It's not like it would be for snowplows. I'm not sure if it's even ever snowed in the history of that town. My friend was telling me about how one night it got cold enough for there to be a thin layer of ice on people's cars, and how people just freaked out about it. We found it funny since scraping ice off the windows in the morning is a fact of life where we're from (generally we don't get enough ice that we can't open the car door... not enough humidity means not enough ice to get that thick of a sheet on a car that was dry the night before).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
hahaha everyone made comments about how winter in Alberta was gonna be brutal..y'all have snow and it's 12C here today and should be warm-ish all weekend! mwahahaha!

Oh, and Inky...does it actually say "for aesthetic reasons" in the by-law? You can't park on the street in Brampton overnight unless you call and notify the city...but that's because they don't want people buying more cars than their driveway can handle and parking on the road all the time...if you have company or if you're having your driveway worked on or whatever it's free to get temp. permits for overnight street parking.