Sup OTC. Can I get some updates?

abooja

Thanks, Luis!

Wow, Greenie, you got some kind of spycam trained on me or something? :eek: I do, in fact, go food shopping in the hubby's old Chevy Blazer. At Wegman's, to be exact, the most wonderful supermarket on earth. Puts Fresh Direct to shame. We spent around $500 there this week alone. I'm having my family over for the first time ever this Saturday, and am cooking tons of different food. From scratch, of course.

BTW, we got married one month ago today, February 11th, moved here (from Hackensack) two months before that, or one day after I left my job of 2-1/2 years in lower Manhattan. I was sick of working in the city and plotted to move somewhere close enough to be within driving distance of his job, but far enough to justify no longer working in the city. Of course, I'm still unemployed with no prospects of a new job, but didn't mind that until a couple of weeks ago. Since I'm not opening my own bakery anytime soon, it's back to being a corporate slug, assuming I can snag such a gig. Blech.

abooja

You're sweet, BoP. But I took that photo four years ago. This one is more recent. :p

old_lady.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
His name is Howard. He's 51.96 years old (I'm -- ugh -- 38.5), and a corporate travel manager. He actually used to be my boss at the old record company. We started dating when he and his wife split a couple of years back, and have been happily together ever since. And, yes, while he isn't exactly a sports fan, he is a Yankees fan, having been born and raised in the Bronx, just a few blocks from the stadium. :cool:

I don't know what's more shocking to my system about all of this -- the fact that I have a new last name, or that I'm now a New Jersey resident. :erm:
:lol: Who on earth (well, besides you) bothers to figure out someone's age that accurately? I'm 51. I'll be 51 until I turn 52 in June. Point nothing. That much math this long after college is just annoying. ;)

Oh yeah, tell Howard congrats on scoring the hot young chick. :D

Oh yeah, looks like my sister is actually leaving Jersey for semi-Gonzville (aka Indianapolis).

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Calgary just recently broke a million too...but they had a negative growth the month I moved here...so maybe it'll shrink again...hopefully.

abooja

:lol: Who on earth (well, besides you) bothers to figure out someone's age that accurately?
Given that it's so close to his birthday, I decided to break out the calculator. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know I'm sharing such info with the vast Internet community. :p
:Oh yeah, tell Howard congrats on scoring the hot young chick. :D
Thanks! :bgtup:

As for the Jersey thing...meh, it's livable. Actually, more than livable. (I think I prefer "liveable", but this version is considered preferable, for some reason.) -- What was my point? Oh, yeah. It turns out that Jersey isn't the big, worthless stinkhole I was raised to believe it was. Not the entire state, at least. This area is really quite nice. Lots of trees and birds. I see geese all the time, even a few eagles. Sure beats the charming view of a brick wall I had in Astoria. And if I never get stuck on a bus in the Lincoln Tunnel during rush hour ever again, it'll be too soon. ;)

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Greenie.

greenfreak

Hijacking doesn't exist at OTC. To me, at least. :D I wanted everyone's updates, so it's your thread!

Glad to hear your new home is good for you guys! I hope you find a job you love soon. It would be great if you could get a job in Jersey and not have to commute to the city at all. I'm 8 miles from my job now, which is awesome. I feel like I'm cheating when I get home before 5pm. Meanwhile, Rusty commutes almost 4 hours a day. :(

So what kind of work are you looking for?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I commute 2 hours a day to a job that pays barely enough for bills... I do user interface stuff, mostly. It's fun, but it won't last forever, the company is closing down operations in Indiana by the end of the year.

I'm looking for something along those same lines, but hopefully closer and decent pay is a must, as I'll have to start paying educational loans pretty soon, on top of all the credit cards.