Stabbed Swedish politician dies

Raven

Annoying SOB
Its a sad state of affairs.....could have been stopped if she didnt like not having a bodygaurd :(

ris

hardy any swedish politicians have bodyguards, even after the assasination of the prime minister 15 years ago. the first reports i read seemed to indicate she'd be ok, but it seems they were wrong.

ris

they're reckoning on it not being politically motivated given its the build up to an important referendum, so probably either some random nutter or an obsessant.

Raven

Annoying SOB
but who would openly do that kind of thing in a department store....they must have known who she was....there were countless other people in there....looks like a hit to me

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
steweygrrrr said:
but who would openly do that kind of thing in a department store....they must have known who she was....there were countless other people in there....looks like a hit to me

have to agree with stewey here...you don't just go to a busy mall and stab a politician to death who very much supported the euro, while there is a referendum coming up...no politic motive involved, my arse.

creepy thing is that people can stab other people in a crowded mall and just get away with it...what the hell is wrong with people? seems like people turned into non-caring beings nowadays. same around here...two guys can beat another guy to death while a few dozen people who pass by just walk on...

ris

apparently that section of the boutique had 'no more than 5 or 10 people in it'. bbc

the police have said they have an idea who they are after now and he is a psychologically disturbed repeat offender.
bbc