Speak Of The Devil

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A high school marching band has been forbidden from playing a Charlie Daniels song at an upcoming bowl game because of fears that it might cross the line between church and state, according to the Washington Post.

The band at C.D. Hylton High School in Prince Williams County wanted to play Daniels' "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" during an upcoming appearance at the Peach Bowl.

A local resident, however, complained in a letter to the Potomac News, that a song about the devil was an inappropriate insertion of faith into the repertoire of a public school band. The band's director, Dennis Brown, pulled the song from the playlist.

**end**

Most likely this local vocal won't even be at the game, yet the overwhelming urge to stick his/her nose in and bitch was just so strong, so impossible to deny, that now everyone's business has been minded. How thoughtful.

IT'S A SONG, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!

Sheesh.

Uki Chick

It seems people have nothing better to do more and more and find anything to complain about, whether it be a song, t-shirts, etc, etc, etc. These people need to get themselves some help. Think back to their early days at the stupid things they did and let people live their lives.

Starya

*starts singing*

tamburin.gif

We are traveling in the footsteps of those who’ve gone before, but we’ll all be reunited - but if we stand reunited, on a new and sunlit shore - then a new world is in store

Oh when the saints go marching in, when the saints go marching in, oh lord I want to be in that num...

Hang on, the phone's ringing..

Oh. I gotta stop singing, got some complaints. Something 'bout Amnesty, use of torture, illegal and stuff. :mope:

freako104

I would have complained...If the fiddle wasnt as good as the way it is done in the Charlie Daniel's song. That song is fantastic and is classic regardless of religion

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I liked that song. Mostly because of the words

"I dun told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best there ever been..."

First time I ever heard lyrics like that on the radio. 'Shocking...absolutely shocking.", quoth the parents. "Cool", quoth I.