So I like being dumb...

PrincessLissa

I could blame my scatterbrain on the pregnancy, but most of you here now that I would be telling a pretty big fib. :D

Today I spent all this time cutting veggies, marinating meat, spicing up the broth and putting everything into the crock pot so that Erik and I could have a yummy stew before his friends come over for geek night and I head over to my girlfriend's house for girly gossip night.

I forgot to turn the stinking crock pot on. :erm: :blush: :banghead:

At least it still has time to cook (on high) before it is time to eat. Whoops.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I would turn that into an excuse for pizza tonight and a ready made dinner tomorrow :lloyd:

oh...and I totally would do something like forgetting to turn the crockpot on too :laugh:

BeardofPants

We women can't be expected to divert valuable brain-cells to such menial tasks when we have more important things to think about.... yeah, that's it. :eh: ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't own a crockpot...but I don't even wanna think about the number of times I have put the clothes in the dryer, set the timer and then forgot to turn it on...and hour later I go to change the laundry around and both the washer and dryer are sitting full of clean but wet clothes.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Nixy said:
.....but I don't even wanna think about the number of times I have put the clothes in the dryer, set the timer and then forgot to turn it on...and hour later I go to change the laundry around and both the washer and dryer are sitting full of clean but wet clothes.

....and then you have nothing clean to wear because it's either in the wash or wet in the dryer.

I really hate that.

PostCode

Major contributor!
You forgot to turn the crock pot on? Man...if it were me I'd have to fire you for such negligence.

:D

Inkara1

I don't own a crock-pot either. I eat a lot of frozen food though because I never remember to pull some meat out of the freezer early enough to have it defrosted by the time I get home, and it's a psin to have to run warm water over the baggie for a while to defrost it as much as I can before I can cook it.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Nixy said:
I don't own a crockpot...but I don't even wanna think about the number of times I have put the clothes in the dryer, set the timer and then forgot to turn it on...and hour later I go to change the laundry around and both the washer and dryer are sitting full of clean but wet clothes.
you've got one on me, I can't remember to put the washer lid down half the time :tardbang:

PrincessLissa

Leslie said:
you've got one on me, I can't remember to put the washer lid down half the time :tardbang:

Me too. I cannot count the number of times I have forgotten that. I once forgot to put the soap in and shut the lid at the laundry facility. I went down an hour later to check and they were all sitting there in the water. :shrug:

And what is with this board and pizza tonight? Everywhere I look someone is talking about pizza. I hate pizza, but it sounds SO good right now. I need pizza! :D