Safest - Dangerous cities

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Here's the list for safest to most dangerous cities in the US

in June. The list starts with the safest cities and ends with the most dangerous.

Only cities that reported crime rates were included in the list. For example, New Orleans was not included this year because its police department did not report figures.

1. Brick, N.J.

2. Amherst, N.Y.

3. Mission Viejo, Calif.

4. Newton, Mass.

5. Troy, Mich.

6. Colonie, N.Y.

7. Irvine, Calif.

8. Cary, N.C.

9. Greece, N.Y.

10. Coral Springs, Fla.

362. Gary, Ind.

363. Youngstown, Ohio

364. Oakland, Calif.

365. Cleveland

366. Birmingham, Ala.

367. Camden, N.J.

368. Compton, Calif.

369. Flint, Mich.

370. Detroit

371. St. Louis

find yours

MrBishop

Highest CMA (Canadian Metropolitan Areas) rates in western Canada, lowest in Quebec and Ontario

The seven highest crime rates among the CMAs were all in the west: Saskatoon, Regina, Abbotsford, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton and Victoria. The lowest crime rates were in Quebec and Ontario: Saguenay, Québec, Toronto, Trois-Rivières, Kitchener, Gatineau and Ottawa.

Double-digit increases in crime rates were reported in 2003 for Saskatoon, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton. The increase in Montréal was primarily because of an 87% rise in counterfeiting incidents.

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/040728/d040728a.htm

It's not up to date...but a fair indicator.

A.B.Normal

Highest CMA (Canadian Metropolitan Areas) rates in western Canada, lowest in Quebec and Ontario

The seven highest crime rates among the CMAs were all in the west: Saskatoon, Regina, Abbotsford, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Edmonton and Victoria. The lowest crime rates were in Quebec and Ontario: Saguenay, Québec, Toronto, Trois-Rivières, Kitchener, Gatineau and Ottawa.

Double-digit increases in crime rates were reported in 2003 for Saskatoon, Montréal, Winnipeg and Edmonton. The increase in Montréal was primarily because of an 87% rise in counterfeiting incidents.

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/040728/d040728a.htm

It's not up to date...but a fair indicator.

It seems to only cover cities with there own PDs,areas/cities policed by the RCMP aren't included,not very representative IMO.

Inkara1

Closest to me is:

178. Santa Maria, Calif.

That's an hour away though.

Here's what surprised me:

267. Fresno, Calif.
280. Visalia, Calif.

Visalia is about a quarter the size of Fresno, and gets about a quarter the jokes.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Where I live now...240. Charleston, S.C.
Where I grew up...307. Pittsburgh (Closest to home)

Inkara1

...or maybe Atlanta's a fairly safe city, but the statistics take into account Turner Field... where the crime that was 2006 Braves baseball took place.

rrfield

98. Madison, WI
Dubuque, IA and Rockford, IL aren't on the list.
(lived in SW Wisconsin between these three cities when I was a wee lad)

unclehobart

So since you're between Roswell and Atlanta, would Marietta split the difference at 168.5?
I'm actually WSW of Roswell... and fairly close at that. It would take me no more than 12 minutes to get to city hall whereas it would be a good 35 minutes to get anywhere downtown.

Camelyn

A population of 300,000 and Wichita isn't even on the list...

Kansas City, Kansas: 342
Kansas City MO: 356

But thats like 200 miles away.

chcr

Too cute for words
A population of 300,000 and Wichita isn't even on the list...

Kansas City, Kansas: 342
Kansas City MO: 356

But thats like 200 miles away.

Only cities that reported crime rates were included in the list. For example, New Orleans was not included this year because its police department did not report figures.
:D