ROAD TRIP!

Oricon

Ok... me and my girlfriend are trying to plan a road trip for next summer we only got about 2 months to spend. Its going to be from ohio to the west coast and back to my place in florida and then back north to ohio. Thing is we need ideas of where to stop and take a vist or two. Any suggestions out there?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Oricon said:
oh good.... so any REAL suggestions out there?
what kind of things do the two of you like to do?

if you're into outdoors kinds of things you might consider taking a couple of days paddling around the boundry waters. if you're music nuts you might hit major cities on the way, chicago, minneapolis, denver, etc, and spend nights at clubs. i know if i had time like that i'd be stopping at every mountain i saw to climb, or head for the west coast via alaska.

Oricon

tommyj27 said:
what kind of things do the two of you like to do?

if you're into outdoors kinds of things you might consider taking a couple of days paddling around the boundry waters. if you're music nuts you might hit major cities on the way, chicago, minneapolis, denver, etc, and spend nights at clubs. i know if i had time like that i'd be stopping at every mountain i saw to climb, or head for the west coast via alaska.
I'll be 18 at the time and she will be 17... so the shall limit things mentioned in that

tommyj27

Not really Banned
hmm, her being 17 does limit your options. you could do the typical tourist crap but i think that'd get old after a while. it'd help to know what you both like to do.

Oricon

Hmm.... likes.... we both like patriotic stuff.... being outdoors a bit.... both of us are tech geeks.... We like listening to music (stuff like bowling for soup and such)... She likes animals... i guess i also do. if you have anymore specific questions please ask... because i can't figure out what to write off the top of my head :D

tommyj27

Not really Banned
you should hit stuff like mount rushmore, you could go hiking in the black hills or rockies, there's animals aplenty to be seen there, hopefully you don't see them as they tear your cooler apart looking for supper ;). i mentioned the boundry waters before, the wildlife up there is incredible and there are outfitters that can set you up with everything you need. i know there are some good acts that come through minneapolis and do all ages shows. it all kinda depends what your budget is for the whole deal, bringing a tent might not be a bad idea either. depending when you go you may be able to catch some of the nifty tech-conferences like defcon in vegas...

Mare

try searching the web now and see whats going on in certain places-just incase you need reservations or something, sometimes ppl send info to you if you request it too. BTW when you both go - Have a safe a fun time :swing:

Inkara1

Yeah, a tent is a good idea. If you like the outdoors, you'll probably want to make sure your trip includes a swing through Yellowstone and a few of the national parks in the Sierra Nevada (Yosemite, Kings Canyon, etc.).

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Oricon said:
Well... I'd be able to Gamble :D but she wouldn't which wouldn't be too fun
actually, i think you have to be 21 to play in vegas :(, someone correct me if i'm wrong.