Return of the King

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Got it a few days ago.

IMO, the trailer shows pathetic dialogues, especially the part of "it is time", "give him the sword of the king", yack....I hope this is just part of the trailer and not of the movie itself.

IDLEchild

unclehobart said:
Is it just me, or did they steal the Braveheart troop rally speech?

It could very well be the other way around. The Braveheart speech taken from LOTR: return of the king book...come now, those who have read the book settle this case post haste.

AlphaTroll

It's probably gonna be just as crap as the first two, while still making millions and giving rise to yet another generation of pre-pubescant "I love Orlando Bloom" fangirls - yay :rolleyes:

AlladinSane

Crap?!? I thought the first is the best released movie in th elast 2 years! As for Bloom, I didn`t see any reaction like that around here, but if only he could make teenies forget 'Annoyardo Di Crappio' I'm all for it...

Cirdan

Buttcrackdivine said:
It could very well be the other way around. The Braveheart speech taken from LOTR: return of the king book...come now, those who have read the book settle this case post haste.

The Braveheart speech was "inspired" by the St. Crispin's Day Speech in Shakespeare's Henry V.

PJ has piad homage to Sam Raimi, Mel, Spleiberg, Kirosawa, etc.

Is it me or does the trailer contain 50% Aragorn? I know it's Return of the King but it looks like it's going to be the Viggo show from here on in.

BeardofPants

Cirdan said:
Is it me or does the trailer contain 50% Aragorn? I know it's Return of the King but it looks like it's going to be the Viggo show from here on in.

::twitch:: Don't get me started... Where's me feckin' baseball bat? Better go camp on PJ's lawn again, I s'pose. :devious:

unclehobart

Well... the story is Return of the King, after all... and Aragorn is that king. The story really did center around Aragorn reuniting the principalities of Gondor and reestablishing the Numenorian bloodline which all started with Elronds brother waaaaay back when.

unclehobart

I always wondered why they played the movies up as Elrond pretty much hating Aragorn for trying to swipe his daughter when he directly raised and trained Aragorn from like the age of 8 to 80 and was his great uncle.