Photos of My Island

HeXp£Øi±

Our airport is actually on another Island. This Island is named Revillagigedo
Ketchikan_aerial.JPG

We can hold four of the largest cruise ships docked front to back on our main dock. The town of Ketchikan has a population of about 15,000 and we had over a million visitors off of these ships alone this year.
Ketchikan_Harbor.JPG

More to come...(maybe)

HeXp£Øi±

Not much road, we probably have 35 miles of pavement not including logging roads. Yes the fishing is amazing here. Salmon(King, Coho, Sockeye, Pink, Chum), Massive Halibut, Red snapper, Dungis, shellfish & Shrimp...seafood paradise.

Dave

hmmm...logging roads and great fishing....

*looks up mileage from here to alaska*

*yikes*

Inkara1

Are you far enough north to see the northern lights, and/or far enough north to have the sun stay up for more than 24 hours in a row during some parts of the year and nights that last more than a day in the opposite time of the year?

HeXp£Øi±

Oops sorry Inkara. I didn't see your response until after kuulani responded. We see lots of northern lights, in fact, even more brilliant than i've ever seen in Fairbanks. You literally see all the colours of the rainbow. The days and night are extended, but not near as much as is Fairbanks(where i'll be in a month) but further north in Nome it get's really interesting. In the summer the sun just kind of sits above the horizen for 23 hours a day and in the winter it hovers just below the horizen and just breaches it for an hour or less. It's strange enough that it can mess with your mind for the first couple of weeks.

kuulani

I'm waterproof, I live in Hilo, we dry out if it doesn't rain for a day :D

Speaking of daylight messing with my mind, when I went to Spain and it was daylight at 8pm or so, that blew me away! Living where I live, the sun goes down at night and rises in the morning like it's supposed to :D