perpetual motion machines, Power of magnets

staffrodore

Ok so most people think I'm mad, but I've been thinking for a long time about a magnetic motor design using earth magnets, basically a perpetual motion motor.

I was looking around the net today as I often do, and noticed this web site:

Perendev.com
Do you think they is for real?
If so they beat me to it I guess. If it is for real, this is big news.

staffrodore

My only concern, at a first cursory glance, is with the diagram on the website:

adams.gif

When the "lamp" is lit up the rotor is positioned directly next to the magnet but they both have north poles. In magnetism, if a north tries to go towards a north it is repelled (ie: positive to positive) so why does the rotor keep turning?

I'm also naturally suspicious of anything that is "in-depth" but uses a free geocities page to publicise itself

A.B.Normal

The current is being applied at just the right moment to turn the electro magnet on when the "N" is situated where it will push away from the electromagnets "N" .Until the Electromagnet receives a charge its polarity is neutral ,so the "N" of the magnetic can approach without reproach.

HeXp£Øi±

Funny that you bring this up. I've been thinking a lot about wheels and props that might use magnets. If nothing else i think it would just be cool to see.

chcr

Too cute for words
The hard and fast rules of physics (and some of them are "hard and fast") preclude perpetual motion. Sorry. You can't get more out than you put in.

HeXp£Øi±

chcr said:
The hard and fast rules of physics (and some of them are "hard and fast") preclude perpetual motion. Sorry. You can't get more out than you put in.

Exactly why i say If nothing else i think it would just be cool to look at.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Gee. Even I know that you can't get more energy out of something than what you put in. Besides...that quack has been around for quite a while now. I remember hearing of this concept on Jonny Carson (If you don't remember that name, you're too young).

Inkara1

That depends on if the kid is a Heisman Trophy-winning rocket scientist or a lazy fat fuck, don't you think?