People's Republic of...Canada?

JJR512

At work we occasionally have to enter contact information for a new client. When doing so there is a drop-down box with a list of every country. The list has "Peoples Republic of Canada" (but no just plain Canada).

WTF? :eek6:

Is this something I never knew before, or was some programmer having a bit of fun one day?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
JJR512 said:
At work we occasionally have to enter contact information for a new client. When doing so there is a drop-down box with a list of every country. The list has "Peoples Republic of Canada" (but no just plain Canada).

WTF? :eek6:

Is this something I never knew before, or was some programmer having a bit of fun one day?

you never heard of bob doug & chairman mao mackenzie?

JJR512

Uhh...

I've heard of Bob and Doug McKenzie, they live in the Great White North, eh.

Did they call the country by that name? I guess it was a programmer's joke, then.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
JJR512 said:
Uhh...

I've heard of Bob and Doug McKenzie, they live in the Great White North, eh.

Did they call the country by that name? I guess it was a programmer's joke, then.

must have been, never heard that reference before.

JJR512

Oh...uhh...I thought you mentioned "bob doug & chairman mao mackenzie" because you were implying it was from a Bob & Doug McKenzie bit. :retard3:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
JJR512 said:
Oh...uhh...I thought you mentioned "bob doug & chairman mao mackenzie" because you were implying it was from a Bob & Doug McKenzie bit. :retard3:

nah that was all from my sick mind.

just picturing it

Mao: Lets kill capitalist dogs

Bob: what a hoser

Doug: have a beer, eh?

and all the worlds problems would be solved.

Inkara1

crystal scan said:
well run for presdient of canada and get that change :)
It would be awfully hard for him to move to Canada, gain citizenship and then run for an office that doesn't exist up there.

Lopan

My god what's this talk of a Canadian republic, Isn't the Queen (god bless her) good enough for you now. I say we dispatch ships and men instantly. We shall have no more revolting colonies, the place to the south was bad enough. Beh! and double beh!

JJR512

paul_valaru said:
nah that was all from my sick mind.

just picturing it

Mao: Lets kill capitalist dogs

Bob: what a hoser

Doug: have a beer, eh?

and all the worlds problems would be solved.
It's interesting you should mention that, because one of China's ministers (the defense, I believe) has recently mentioned in a speech that China intends to use biological weapons against the USA in the near future, and that they (the Chinese) believe it is their right to invade and seize America and wipe out all but the "yellow race" (his words) so that they (the Chinese) have room to expand.

MrBishop

Can't he wait a bit? Give the USa time to pull back their troops and make it a decent fight?

then again... nuke China!

j/k