Peabody's Way Forward Machine (OTC in 2023)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I think OTC will still be around, although by then most of us will have met in person at the annual OTC party in Hawaii. fury will be bitching about how hard it is to keep up with 70 video streams coming into his database at once, and S3+1 will still be trying to get back in with the crowd. Ok, maybe not Nostradamous, but I bet it's close.

Dave

i couldn't even begin to guess. if someone told me 20 years ago i'd be an RN in an emergency room, i would have thought they were crazy and/or on some serious drugs.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Hopefully, I'll be younger then...and no longer a born again virgin...Gonz and I will have had a falling out over our invasion of Canada in the last years of the 'Bush Wars'....AlphaTroll & I will have our own website dedicated to erotic cooking...And Leslie will have finally filled out the damn paperwork that I left in her scanner before I left...:tardbang:

Mirlyn

I just wanted to say "way back in the way way back machine"

Only because I can, and my theatre prof used to say that all the time and this thread reminded me of her. :D

Carry on.

Oz

In 20 years time I'll be sittin' in me lil' padded cell at the high tech security Betty Ford Home for the Unstabaly Future Shocked :swing:

If I'm a good prisoner......erm, patient they will allow me to post on the spangly new and improved OTC while sipping a warm prune juice to celebrate that I've finally managed to download the last of the patches for Windows XP.

Stop Laughing

20 years from now, I'll probably still be here in some form, but where in RL can still change for sure.

I'm waiting for the reunion in Hawaii too, I really wanna go!

Mirlyn

Luis G said:
A T3 in 20 years will be SLOW :D

Take no less than something rated in OCs ;)
*remembers playing Diablo 2 BattleNet on an OC-3*
*remembers using napster on an OC-3*
*doesnt' remember lag...ever.....ever....never*

Method Speed
14.4 Modem 14 Kbps
28.8 Modem 28 Kbps
ISDN 64-128 Kbps
T1 1.54 Mbps
DS1 1.54 Mbps
T3 44.7 Mbps
DS3 44.7 Mbps
OC3 155.5 Mbps
OC12 655 Mbps

What he said. A T3 is slow even now. Go for dual balanced OC12s. :D And call me when you do. I want to move in. :D

AlphaTroll

Squiggy said:
....AlphaTroll & I will have our own website dedicated to erotic cooking...

Speaking of which.....I have a couple new recipes we need to test before we declare them safe for pubic consumption :swing:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Luis G said:
A T3 in 20 years will be SLOW :D

Take no less than something rated in OCs ;)
Hey, but I'll be able to afford it on the $200 a month that people will donate ;) (in 20 years, that'll be paltry)

catocom

cable, and dsl are as fast now as many t1 lines in this area were back then, '03.

last I checked years ago, a t1/10Mbt was $1500/mo

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Certainly cheaper, yeah, but cable and DSL don't have the equal up/down speeds and uptime guarantee of Tx, OCx, etc... I wish I had one to play around with... I'm on DSL right now, and I have a hard time uploading faster than 70KB/s. This server, on the other hand, has a 100Mbit link...useful for withstanding the constant traffic that expects page loads in 0.1 seconds, and the occasional DDoS.