Ok, so I don't have anything interesting to talk about.

pc_builder

Only that I realized that I hadn't been here in quite awhile. I didn't know otc was getting so popular. I just saw 13 members and 302 guests online. Sooo... how many of those are, um, what do you call em? spiders? bots?

Anyway, the reason I started this thread. Just wanted to mention I managed to fix my web server problems. It must have been something in my router, because after screwing around with it, lots, I got it working now. And I upgraded my server too, to a whole new computer. :beardbng:

@233 mhz, way faster than my old dos server, and running win2k. I was going to go with a linux server originally, but I never got around to learning how to use it properly. All the graphics on my site aren't there, though. I only copied the html files so I could test it to see if it was actually working. I'm going to overhaul the whole site.

also, I was trying to set up a mail server, too. I got some software. It didn't work, but that was before I managed to fix the router. Maybe it'll work now.
But if anyone has worked with the mail software before, it's ArgoSoft Mail Server, or something like that. I'm not at home at the moment. I'd like to be able to get that to work so I can have an email addy at njmstudios.com
And hostway would charge me $39.95 a year to host it for me.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Welcome back!!!!!
The active members and guests numbers needs to get fixed, as it is displaying users active less than 3 hours ago.

If you need some linux help I'll be more than glad to help.

pc_builder

I'll probably ask for some help when I start using linux again. My current server was running slackware, but I dumped it in favor of win2k because it was something I already knew how to use.

I was going to build a LFS system, got all the sources I needed and the manual and everything, but it was so involving and I was getting shorter and shorter on time.

But I don't currently have anything that runs linux. I'll try again eventually.

pc_builder

So I got rid of all the other pages on my server, and I'm going to start from scratch. I'll reincorporate all the old material as I rebuild the site.
So far I got my poetry section occupying the domain while I work on the rest offline.

pc_builder

Yep. :p When I copied the webpages to the new server, I only had the html files and none of the images. So now the only thing that exists within the site at the moment is the poetry.

I found the images on my other win2k machine, so I'll put them back up as I rewrite the pages.

It was all kind of a conglomeration. Not very streamlined in a way for me to easily add content. So the very first, and easiest thing I fixed was the poetry section. Instead of loading an entire page loaded with poems, they are each their own webpage now, that gets called into the frame from the contents frame. I spent several hours surfing the net, trying to figure out how to use iframes. I found a few snippets of code and tried implementing it without any javascript that the sites were saying was needed in order to make it work right. So I've only tested the pages in IE and Firefox. And they work just the way I had hoped.