Nostalgia

simplyred

chcr said:
Stop! In the mid-seventies I would drive by anyone who charged more than 50¢ and I remember when I was a kid it being less than 25¢. I also remember waiting in line for it, only being able to fill up on odd or even days or only being able to buy five or ten gallons at a time. Funny the price didn't shoot up 400% back then...

No, I did not experience that time in history. But I did experience waiting half a day during certian hours on certian days to only buy 10 gallons of gas after Katrina and Rita. And you are right, the price shoot is crazy. I remember in high school we would all pitch in a dollar of our lunch money from the week to fill up someone's car. We would cruise all weekend and half the week on that! Today that wouldn't get you across town!

TexasRaceLady

chcr said:
I don't think you're that much older than me (if in fact you are at all). I know there were none in my area when I was very little, but I think the first one opened (in the city, 25 miles or more away) when I was about 6. They started in the early 50's in SoCal though. I got spat out in '56.

Ah, you're still a chicken. I was born in '46.

I remember gas being .19 a gallon and my mother raising holy hell went she had to pay .20.

abooja

SouthernN'Proud said:
Girl, you KNOW better. Only 3 cars finish the race or sumthin?
Hehe, no. :lol2:

He (Bill) seems to be recovering well (after a small scare the other day) according to his wife and daughter, who are keeping me informed. I just ordered a flower basket with a little teddy bear and balloon to clutter his room with. Do flowers actually grow in Alaska? :retard:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tonksy said:
The hot stays hot and the cold stays cold and you put them together when ready to eat.
I liked the Arch Deluxe.
So what was the whole point of that? :confused:

Inkara1

chcr said:
Stop! In the mid-seventies I would drive by anyone who charged more than 50¢ and I remember when I was a kid it being less than 25¢. I also remember waiting in line for it, only being able to fill up on odd or even days or only being able to buy five or ten gallons at a time. Funny the price didn't shoot up 400% back then...

I don't think you're that much older than me (if in fact you are at all). I know there were none in my area when I was very little, but I think the first one opened (in the city, 25 miles or more away) when I was about 6. They started in the early 50's in SoCal though. I got spat out in '56.
Ray Kroc's credited with starting the thing on its way, but he bought it in 1955 from the McDonald brothers and started expanding, if I remember right.