Nostalgia

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
do you remember

22.jpg

McD.L.T.

hot side hot cold side cold.

(picture shamless linked from http://www.x-entertainment.com/ bes tsite for 80's geek culture)

Inkara1

Why, yes, I do remember the McDLT. I also remember the McBLT, and the first time they introduced the McRib, and the Arch Deluxe (I actually kinda liked that one).

Inkara1

I also remember Mike Tyson appearing in an ad for Burger King... they asked him if he'd pop a buddy in the mouth for 59¢... he said he would if it was a breakfast buddy... it was an ad for the breakfast buddy tiny-ass breakfast sandwiches.

tonksy

The hot stays hot and the cold stays cold and you put them together when ready to eat.
I liked the Arch Deluxe.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't remember the DLT...I do however remember one time McDonalds in the states had little tree planting kits with their happy meals and I saw the commercial and begged my parents for a week and they took me to get one...I didn't know it was an American commercial...I was crushed, don't think I even enjoyed my happy meal :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Nixy said:
I didn't know it was an American commercial...I was crushed, don't think I even enjoyed my happy meal :(
OHMYGOD I HATE THAT!! :grumpy:

I now try and remember to say, "But what channel did you see that on?" It sucks.

abooja

SouthernN'Proud said:
How goes the racing world this year boo?
:cool:

Not too bad, but I haven't been paying a helluva lot of attention. Your boy, Junior, did finish third on Sunday, however. :lloyd:

Oh, and did you know that Alaska had triple bypass surgery the other day? He's doing okay.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
abooja said:
:cool:

Not too bad, but I haven't been paying a helluva lot of attention. Your boy, Junior, did finish third on Sunday, however. :lloyd:

Girl, you KNOW better. Only 3 cars finish the race or sumthin?

abooja said:
Oh, and did you know that Alaska had triple bypass surgery the other day? He's doing okay.

Dayum. I didn't know. Hope he recovers OK. I'll jump over and send a PM to him today. World needs more folks like him in it.

simplyred

abooja said:
I remember when the bus/subway was $.50 and a slice of pizza around the same.

I'm old. :mope:

Well this won't make you feel old...I remember when gas was under a buck a gallon!

TexasRaceLady

Inkara1 said:
Why, yes, I do remember the McDLT. I also remember the McBLT, and the first time they introduced the McRib, and the Arch Deluxe (I actually kinda liked that one).

I remember when there was NO McDonald's. LOL

chcr

Too cute for words
simplyred said:
Well this won't make you feel old...I remember when gas was under a buck a gallon!
Stop! In the mid-seventies I would drive by anyone who charged more than 50¢ and I remember when I was a kid it being less than 25¢. I also remember waiting in line for it, only being able to fill up on odd or even days or only being able to buy five or ten gallons at a time. Funny the price didn't shoot up 400% back then...
TRL said:
I remember when there was NO McDonald's. LOL
I don't think you're that much older than me (if in fact you are at all). I know there were none in my area when I was very little, but I think the first one opened (in the city, 25 miles or more away) when I was about 6. They started in the early 50's in SoCal though. I got spat out in '56.