NFL Draft Time!

rrfield

Is anyone else looking forward to the draft? I am, but I'm certainly an NFL rube so go figure.

Here's my predicted top 10.

1. HOU - Reggie Bush
2. NO - D'Brickashaw Fegurson
3. TEN - Matt Leinart
4. NYJ - Mario Williams
5. GB - Vernon Davis
6. SF - AJ Hawk
7. OAK - Vince Young
8. BUF - Brodrick Bunkley
9. DET - Michael Huff
10. ARZ - Jay Cutler

I'm thinking New Orleans might trade with the Jets, rumor has it the Jets are hot for Leinart, and the 'Aints would still have their pick of either D'Brick or Mario Williams at #4 (predicting Tenn would then take Vince Young).

As for the Vikings, my best guess is a linebacker. My preference, in order would be Chad Greenway, Bobby Carpenter, Ernie Sims. If Cutler were to fall to #17 the Vikes would grab him. If Cutler and Greenway are both gone, I woudlnt be surprised to see a trade with Atlanta for Matt Schaub, though I think a first round pick is too much to give up for a backup QB.

tonksy

Will be glued to the TV tomorrow at noon...and my only hope is that NO does NOT pick Leinart over Young if they pick a QB.

rrfield

I really think NO would be best served trading down and grabbing an offenseive lineman, but the trick is finding someone to trade down with.

tonksy

I agree with you...but you know how teams can be in love with the QB pick. I just don't think that Leinart would be a good fit over Young. I would love to see D'brickhouse Ferguson go there.

Inkara1

As I've said many times before... the Texans should draft Bush first, then spend the whole rest of the draft on offensive linemen.

unclehobart

The Jets will blow their first pick on a kicker... because... well... they're the Jets. the Jets cannot help but make a bonehead draft choice. Its in their nature.

Dave

i'll check up on it from time to time while at work tomorrow. i am curious to see if NE gets Carpenter.

rrfield

...what if the Texans go retarded and draft Mario Williams? Do the 'aints take Bush, especially considering Deuce is hurt bad? I would in a second.

Slim Pickens

That has been listed as a possible scenario, but apparently the Texans are definitely taking Bush...but, if he is still there, I think the Saints would have several teams scrambling for the #2

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Messes up my dadgum top ten...

I'd like to see m'Bucs get smart and go TE early, then O line and secondary. The steal of the draft is that guy from like Northern Iowa , QB with the unpronouncable name. He'll be there tomorrow and he'll make somebody a starter in about three years. Brookenhoffer or something...

Slim Pickens

Where do they pick, SnP? Will that one TE (sorry, can't remember, Clemson or NC State) still be around? Have the Saints traded their pick yet?

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
The steal of the draft is that guy from like Northern Iowa , QB with the unpronouncable name. He'll be there tomorrow and he'll make somebody a starter in about three years. Brookenhoffer or something...

I'm trying to figure out who you are talking about (as the Vikes need a QB)....

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft...ft/draft/tracker/school?name=n&draftyear=2006

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft...fldraft/draft/tracker/position?draftyear=2006

Is Brett Basanez the guy (northwestern)?

unclehobart

1. Mario Williams-Texans
2. Reggie Bush-Nawlins
3. Vince Young-Tennessee

Whoa.. the picks are blowing the predictions away.