My sister's new computer... Finally!

Kawaii

After many months of whining, i have finally managed to convince my sister to get her own computer.... Yes! No more giving up the computer right in the middle of a render! No more 3-hour waits when she's on some silly community or whatnot! No more spyware from her weird sites! No more MSN Messenger!

I will be assembling the computer myself, with emphasis on silence, a custom-built computer if you will. So, this is the comp:

CPU: AMD Athlon XP2800+ Barton 2083MHz/2.08GHz 128/512Kb 333MHz

Videocard: Hightech Excalibur ATI Radeon 9600 128Mb DVI TV-out RETAIL AGP(fanless)

Motherboard: Asus A7V600-X KT600 3DDR-DIMM 6PCI SATA Raid Audio LAN SocketA ATX

RAM: Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512 512Mb DDR PC3200/DDR400 184pin 400MHz(Kinda overkill with 400mhz, but wth)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3120026A 8MB 7200rpm 120Gb

Case: SkyHawk PSR-5601 Miditower

Monitor: ViewSonic E70f+SB 17"

CPU-cooler: Arctic Cooling AMD Copper Silent 2 L 3-speed Blue LED SocketA

Optical drive: AOpen Combo 52X CDR / 32X CDRW 16X DVD / 52X CD Chameleon

+ some other crap like chassi fans, speakers, mouse, keyboard and stuff

And finally, as a bonus for me, a silent CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling P4 Super Silent 4 PRO TC Socket478 (max 3.06Ghz)
skpsr5601.jpg

But the worst part is... Her computer will be better than mine! Waah! :crying4:

Oz

Kawaii said:
But the worst part is... Her computer will be better than mine! Waah! :crying4:

Now c'mon Kawaii......yer not being nearly devious enough here....take all the old gubbin's outa yer case, put it in her shiny new case and keep the new stuff for yerself :D she'll never know the difference ;)

Kawaii

Oz said:
Now c'mon Kawaii......yer not being nearly devious enough here....take all the old gubbin's outa yer case, put it in her shiny new case and keep the new stuff for yerself :D she'll never know the difference ;)
Sssh! Be quiet! She might read this forum... :devious:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Oz said:
Damn...beat me to it...:grinyes:

Kawaii

...and it's up and running! YESSS! I was so sure i'd accidentally crushed the CPU core, but i was wrong!
Wooho!