More people approve than disapprove of healthcare passage

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd be more likely to believe an online poll than a live interview poll.

Online, you have noone ot lie to about your true feelings. However, given the PC-ness of our nation, people are about as inclined to answer what they think they should say as the their truth. Pollsters hate me because I always ask qualifying questions that stump most of them.

valkyrie

I think most online polls are bull shit. I don't care if they're for the Left or for the Right. As a matter of fact, almost ever poll I've ever come across (online or not) was bullshit. The people who wrote the questions made them so vague as to be misleading and the results can not be conclusive of anything.

My 2 cents.

spike

I'd be more likely to believe an online poll than a live interview poll.

Hell no, it even says on the page: "This is not a scientific poll. The results are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls".

You can vote as many times as you want and various forums always have the "hey everyone, go spam up this poll with the result we want" thing going on.

Gallup etc. conduct scientific polls by phone.

ResearchMonkey

inB4globalwarmingscientificconsensus.

capt98cbc914a8324f08aa4.jpg

Inkara1

Repeal, replace, rebuild a nation brought to the brink by the worst president ever..

The worst president ever was Bush. As witnessed by his approval ratings. Obama doesn't have a chance of catching that record.

Really? Worse than Warren G. Harding, he of the Teapot Dome scandal, he whose mistress is the only one ever to successfully extort a political party, he whose legacy was immensely helped by his dying while in office? Worse than James Buchanan, who somehow managed to piss off both the north AND the south leading up to the Civil War, who started deficit spending during the Panic of 1857 and who sent an under-equipped army in response to (false) rumors that Brigham Young was planning a Mormon revolt without even checking to see if it was true, with the intent to replace Young as governor without letting him know first? Worse than Franklin Pierce, he of the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Ostend Manifesto (which, it could be argued, set precedent for the invasion of Iraq)?

ResearchMonkey

Based on what we've seen in this first year, I'm going to predict that Obama will be remembered as one of, if not THE worst president ever.

spike

Really? Worse than Warren G. Harding, he of the Teapot Dome scandal, he whose mistress is the only one ever to successfully extort a political party, he whose legacy was immensely helped by his dying while in office? Worse than James Buchanan, who somehow managed to piss off both the north AND the south leading up to the Civil War, who started deficit spending during the Panic of 1857 and who sent an under-equipped army in response to (false) rumors that Brigham Young was planning a Mormon revolt without even checking to see if it was true, with the intent to replace Young as governor without letting him know first? Worse than Franklin Pierce, he of the Kansas-Nebraska Act and the Ostend Manifesto (which, it could be argued, set precedent for the invasion of Iraq)?

You've got some good contenders there. They pre-date approval ratings so it's tough to measure. I wonder why RM thinks Obama is worse than your examples.

ResearchMonkey

No^. I would say his ethos and intentions will qualify him. Let hope he doesn't achieve half what he intends to, the end of America as we know it.

spike

No^. I would say his ethos and intentions will qualify him. Let hope he doesn't achieve half what he intends to, the end of America as we know it.

Do you mean vague fantasy ethos and intentions that fear mongerers made up or actual policy?

It would be an incredible task to drop down to the level of the previous admin. Looks like Bush's record might hold for a long time.

Bush Administration "the Least Fiscally Responsible in History," Budget Hawk Says

Crap, another record.

ZOMG we can't decide how to live our lives now!$&!

Oh wait, we can. Non-existent crisis averted.

Unless the girl in that pic is a lesbian and wants to marry the person she loves. If that's the case I say good show RM! Equal rights for all citizens.

ResearchMonkey

1267840389597.jpg

I'm still waiting for someone beside the commie left to sing the praises of commie-care.

Seems AT&T , Caterpillar, Deere and few other aren't very keen on it yet. A job killer even. How many states are suing? What, noone wants to write policies for children with preexisting conditions AT ALL!

Yeah, I'm just not hearing America's praise for this shit-bill.

valkyrie

I'm not a commie, RM. But I am not condemning nor commending the new health care bill. I have a wait and see attitude right now. There are many aspects of the bill that I do not care for which were compromises to the original design which had promise.

ResearchMonkey

I'm not the wait and see type when tragedy is imminent. "It might derail the train, lets just wait and see what happens."

image6356672.gif

Unprecedented.

spike

I'm still waiting for someone beside the commie left to sing the praises of commie-care.

Oh there's lots people in the middle that like the bill. Just not too many that aren't on the fascist right that are bitching about it.

Yeah, I'm just not hearing America's praise for this shit-bill.

Just look at the OP.

I'm not the wait and see type when tragedy is imminent. "It might derail the train, lets just wait and see what happens."

I'm not the type to act like there's a tragedy when there is none. "This looks like it should make the train faster and more efficient but lets scream and cry that the train is derailing even though there's no evidence so we can scare people".

Unprecedented.

Precedented.

FirefoxScreenSnapz002.jpg

This was unprecedented.

valkyrie

Nothing has happened yet to cause me to throw my arms up and run screaming.

Maybe I'm more cautions then, and I'm highly skeptical of any information I get especially from any political party. They all have an agenda to push. They're all looking for a donation. They're all looking for power because power gives them the chance to make money by pleasing the corporations and special interests... that means ALL PARTIES. I trust none and align myself with none.