Maybe I should just give in

pc_builder

And stop trying to run a server on a windows machine. The reason I upgraded my server from DOS to windows, is so I could use Xerver, which has support for cgi scripts and php... well, as long as I install perl and php, which I did.

I was hoping I could find a webcomic script for either perl or php. After trying a few different scripts, I found one that kind of works. It gives me a login screen for uploading comics, but overall, the script doesn't work. And I don't know a thing about php coding. Most of the scripts, including this one, were written to run on a unix/linux machine.

I wanted something I could use to easily update my webcomics with, instead of writing tons of static html files. Because I have a few more titles in the works, that I would like to start posting soon.

If you go to http://www.njmstudios.com/bop you can see what I'm having trouble with.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Are you using IIS or apache?
Is the file system NTFS?
Did you give read access to the webserver user?

pc_builder

I'm using Xerver and the file system is ntfs. I hope my users have read access. the rest of my site shows to you guys, doesn't it? I made sure folder access for 'everyone' was set to full.

I have php 5 installed, also.

pc_builder

So I'm reading this, and it sounds like it's going to take more work to get apache up and running...

But I don't think the problem is server related... my current server runs fine. I think the problem is the php and perl scripts that I've tried, are calling for functions that exist in a unix environment, but not in windows... like chmod

And I'm running the windows versions of perl and php, but they seem to be working. PHP anyway, as evidenced by the half-ass working bop page. I just don't know how to clean up, or rewrite the script to work within windows...

So maybe I should just buy "PHP for Dummies" :tardbang: