Looking for Pagan/Gardenerian/Wiccan advice...

MrBishop

...re: Hand-binding ceremonies.

I've been honoured with being the East corner on a binding ceremony in July 2004. I'm thinking of integrating my heritage and my Totemic Animal into the mix. Any comments?

PM if you prefer not to be known as Pagan/Wiccan

MrBishop

Professur said:
And for some reason, you consider yourself honoured? You need therapy, dude.

Let me reword it for you Prof.... I'm the best-man at a wedding ceremony. I'm looking to see if it's black-tie affair or if I can wear my best blue pinstriped.

It's a friend...she's Pagan, she wants me there at her wedding and even though I'm not pagan, I've been given a key part in the ceremony....I'd call that an honour, yeah.

Oz

Pagan is a very generic term. :eh:

Do ya have any idea which religion/path/pantheon worship the ceremony is following?

MrBishop

Professur said:
Just tell me you're not gonna be dancing naked around a holly bush.

Are you kidding me? Last time I tried that, I got my nuts caught in the shrubbery...not feeling very holly about that incident! ;)

freako104

Wiccan as well as other pagan religions are usually for the self(not to say its Satanism) as it is spiritual, but go at your own pace. I have said that I am Wiccan on here and so are some of the other members(I will not mention names as I will not disrespect them I will let them say it if they will). the wedding will really be upto the couple. my dads family is predominantly Christian and when one of his cousins got married it was very casual(i wore a bob marley T-shirt and jeans). its really upto the couple. i can reccomend some authors and websites if you would like. if you have any other questions i cna answer I will be happy to. have fun and congrats to the couple mate. Prof we do not dance naked.

BlurOfSerenity

i'd ask the couple what they want you to wear.
it's really up to them. i dont think it's the sort of thing that has so much a usual dress code, like how at a "traditional" wedding the guys usally all wear tuxedoes.

MrBishop

Oz said:
Well Bish.....if it is a Wiccan ceremony.......wear pretty much wot yer want, tisn't an old religion :)

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/2372/pagan/history.html

She calls it Pagan...but refers to Celtic/Druidic etc...I'll have to ask her.

Personally...I suppose that you could say that I'm not pagan, though I have totemic dreams. I'm part Mohawk and Raven has always played a large part in my dreams. If you're into Astrology (and I don't follow it), totemic animals are similar to astrological signs. Each animal has a character...the person usually reflects it or is influenced by it.

I was thinking of making a staff for the occasion. The robes will already be made for the 4 corners. The Bride to be is taking that on herself. We get to keep them as a gift. :)

It's the headdress and staff that I'm worried about. It's hardly the same spiritualism... Celtics 'kind of' touched on animal spirits, but not exactly. For all I know, the raven is an unlucky animal. Hence, my question.

MrBishop

BeardofPants said:
Bish, if yer gonna be dancing 'round naked, can I have your pants?

A kiwi wants to get into my pants? OK...twist my rubber arm why dontcha :)

Why in blazes would you want my pants? I doubt that you'd fit in them. *Not meant as an insult*

MrBishop

Rebirth without fear
Ability to tear down what needs to be rebuilt
Renewal
Ability to find light in darkness
Courage of self-reflection
Introspection
Comfort with self
Honoring ancestors
Connection to the Crone
Divination
Change in consciousness
New occurrences
Eloquence
raven.jpg

RavenTotem.gif

Professur

MrBishop said:
She calls it Pagan...but refers to Celtic/Druidic etc...I'll have to ask her.

Personally...I suppose that you could say that I'm not pagan,

I highly doubt she is either. Probably just another wannabee who thought it sounded cool. Half the supposed wiccans I've talked to think that "Lord of the Dance" is a pagan ritual.

Aunty Em

MrBishop said:
Rebirth without fear
Ability to tear down what needs to be rebuilt
Renewal
Ability to find light in darkness
Courage of self-reflection
Introspection
Comfort with self
Honoring ancestors
Connection to the Crone
Divination
Change in consciousness
New occurrences
Eloquence
raven.jpg

RavenTotem.gif

How do you find out which is your totemic animal?

I'm born under The Big Winds Moon whose animal is cougar.

pc_builder

PrincessLissa said:
How come everything on this forum turns into some form of nudity? :brow:

People like dancing naked?

It's easy to talk about nudity when you're all alone in a darkened room staring at a computer screen.

I wonder what we'd talk about if we all met in a bar or club or something.