Leaving the nest

Kawaii

Last Sunday, at the the age of 16, i moved to a prestigeous boarding school, namely Forsmarks Skola(The School of Forsmark). I'm currently living in my own dorm room, cooking my own food, washing my own clothes... And loving it! I've been waiting for this for so long... No annoying rules. No fucking curfews. No paranoid mother. No annoying sister. Only me, my excellent grades and 139 other students.
Right now, i'm celebrating my newly gained wings with a couple of cold Lagers and a nice steaming hot kebab.
WOOT!

When did you move away from home? How was it?

Edit: I realized that this thread might be better suited for the Love & Lifestyles forum. Mods, please move it.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
nice :D congrats on the new home...

i'm 22 and officially still living with my parents...but i'm off in other countries most of the time, so there's no point of me renting a place here. will be off anyway in a few months.

and i liked being away from home. like living on my own, but i must say that i did realize a lot more what i had back home. not that i mind cooking and washing etc, but i really liked the idea that i always had a place somewhere i could fall back on, if needed. that's something i didn't really realize when i lived with my parents full-time...

HomeLAN

I think I was 22, with a new college degree. One of the first things I did was have the 'rents over for dinner.

Uki Chick

I moved out at the age of 19. I would have prefered to have stayed home, but my parents and I were constantly at each others throats and were not seeing eye to eye. Once I moved out and they accepted it, we became much closer and now my mom and I have a great relationship.

Rose

I moved to college when I was 19 and haven't lived with my parents since (I'm 24 now). I'm not saying it won't happen, but if I can ever help it it won't. Our relationship has grown and I've 'found my wings'.

Oz

Kawaii said:
Right now, i'm celebrating my newly gained wings with a couple of cold Lagers and a nice steaming hot kebab.
WOOT!

this dude has style :D

I legged it from the paternal home when I was 17....never looked back since :swing:

A couple of things I quickly learned that yer might find usefull...

Beer is great.....but always keep a coupla emergency cans of soup or summit in a cupboard (man, unfortunately cannot live on beer alone.....and the soup comes in handy when yer've blown all yer cash) ;)

Phone home at least once in a blue moon.....bills can drop on yer unexpectedly.....and yer parents should never be allowed to forget that the contents of their wallet should be shared when necessary ;)

Have fun in freedom dude......and don't do anything I wouldn't do :swing:

MrBishop

Moved out 1 year before I got married. I was staying at home with pretty much all the freedom that a man could ask for until I finished University in 1993. A deal that I'd made with my folx that I could stay as long as I was in school. I still paid for rent and food, but it was far cheaper than living solo.

Congrats on untying those apron strings!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I was 18 when I first moved out...to go to school...I was gone for 8 months then home for the summer (4 months) then gone for 8 months and now I've been home for 3 and will be home for one more before I leave again.

My mom doesn't know it but when I leave this time I wouldn't be surprised if I never come back to live again (I am 20 right now). I will probably live with my bf next summer then on my own again for my last year of school (he's in Brampton like my mom...school's in Hamilton) and then back with the bf again I hope...

tonksy

i had just turned 18. i moved in with a psychopath and his crackhead parents. i got fed up and left 3 months later...messy details i shall not burden you with. i ended up renting a basement room from the same lady my mother was sharing a townhouse with...up until i joined the navy. i've never been back...came close recently but thank heavens i didn't....i really don't think i could stand it.
congrats kawaii...have fun but please have some semblance of responsibility ;)

Kawaii

Umm, yeah... Responsibility, sure..
*hides booze* *sweeps dirty clothes under a rug*
There. See? I have plenty of responsibility.

We'll be having a campus-wide party this weekend. There will be alcohol. There will be hot wimminz. And, of course, there will be no adults at all. :devious:
Oh, and there's this girl, of course...:love: We'll see how that works out, but she obviously seems to like me... :)

BeardofPants

Left home when I was 14, and lived with my grandparents for about half a year before moving back with the parents. Didn't work out, so I moved out and went flatting/boarding when I was sixteen. Haven't been back since. I'm now 24, and we're *just* starting to get along. I now own an apartment in the city with my bf. :love:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
Left home when I was 14, and lived with my grandparents for about half a year before moving back with the parents. Didn't work out, so I moved out and went flatting/boarding when I was sixteen. Haven't been back since. I'm now 24, and we're *just* starting to get along. I now own an apartment in the city with my bf. :love:

:hmm: Bet he gets to keep his pants... :grumpy:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
BeardofPants said:

awe shite, you have a bf ;)

Mare

I left home when I was 16-parents going through a very bad seperation-divorce. Lived with my sister. She taught me alot about life and who I wanted to be, when I did finally grow up. Moved a couple different other places and with different ppl. Then moved in with my best friend, my lover, and got married, had 2 beautiful children, whom also taught me who I wanted to be when I grew up. Now living with my 2 beautiful children, whom are my whole life, living, loving, and learning everyday, and when the day comes, I will tell you all what I want to be when I grow up...but for now, I take every minute of everyday and try to treat it as if it was the last day I ever had to live.

Kawaii

Went out drinking late last night,
I had a blast.
But now the morning light has come
and kicked my ass.

I've got the worst hangover ever
I'm crawling to the bathroom again
It hurts so bad that I'm never gonna drink again

And by my seventh shot I was invincible
I would have never thought I'd be this miserable

I'm rolling back and forth on the bad
I'm worked so bad that I'm never gonna drink again

Won't someone just kill me?
Let me out of my misery
I'm making deals with god
I'll do anything

Make it stop please!
Make it stop please!

Make it stop please!
Make it stop please!

I'm crawling to the bathroom again
It hurts so bad that I'm never gonna drink again

I'll probably never drink again
I may not ever drink again
At least not til next weekend

I'm never gonna drink again
--------
True to the letter... This little bird is very hung-over right now.