kick ass movie soundtracks

freako104

tonks said:
did anyone mention the rocky horror picture show, cuz that's a great soundtrack....can you do the timewarp???

its just a jump to the left.

put your hands on your hips.

its the pelvic thrust thatll drive you insane ;)

Cirdan

tonks said:
what about the soundtrack to the doors movie? i like the doors.

The Doors are good. Can't remember what was on the soundtrack. That reminds me, though.

Must add:

Apocalypse Now

Also, Shrek.

I love that John Cale cover of that Leonard Cohen Hallelujah song, except that it isn't the same version on the CD.

Oz

tonks said:
what about the soundtrack to the doors movie? i like the doors.

That is an excellent compilation album (with some velvet underground stuff thrown in for good measure). Love The Doors.......but some of their tracks on later albums are a bit......naff. The movie soundtrack has nearly all me favourites on :)

Forgot the sountrack to Crossroads (corny film with that dude from Karate Kid in it, playing guitar). Some nice meaty guitar riffs on there :band:

tonksy

Oz said:
Forgot the sountrack to Crossroads (corny film with that dude from Karate Kid in it, playing guitar). Some nice meaty guitar riffs on there :band:
had some stevie ray vaughn on it, didn't it? seems i remember that...

bobo

Cirdan said:
Apocalypse Now

Is the Rythmn Devils Play River Music (Grateful Dead percussion section plus others) CD the offical soundtrack, if not I recommend that - very off the wall but outstanding.

Cirdan

bobo said:
Is the Rythmn Devils Play River Music (Grateful Dead percussion section plus others) CD the offical soundtrack, if not I recommend that - very off the wall but outstanding.

No. The original was released in 1979 and is now a two CD set. The Rhythem Devils came out with the Redux version that was recently released.

This is probably a good time to point out that some soundtracks are standalone; mostly popular music. Others are full of "incidental" music which may or may not be tolerable outside the context of the film. Then there are the hybrids (Yellow Submarine, anyone).

One of the few incidentals I can stand is the Braveheart soundtrack becuase the music is evocative of the flow and moods of the movie.