Karma sharma

PostCode

Major contributor!
Something about my reputation being for shit so couldn't give a rat karma...

Anyway, I read through this FAQ ya got going here and now I'm completely confused. How do you know how much Karma giving powers, or whatever it is you call it? All I see is a number about how much of this stuff I have. I have given this stuff to one person...now I can't give it to anyone else? Sheesh. How much do I give him anyway?

freako104

i know as much as you cant give someone karma until you spread it around. or to be more clear you can give it to person A. then B then C then D then back to A if you so wish. I am wondering if there is a way to control that cause id lke to be able to pass extremely positive to some members on here and also somewhat rather than not know how much im givingthem,

tonksy

i read the FAQ and i think it's kinda easy....i point of karma for every 100 points of karma you have. one point of karma for every 1,000 posts. and 1 point of karma for every year you have been a member. not sure why it matters but thats how you can know.

PostCode

Major contributor!
But how much are you giving to a person is what I woulod like to know. If you never gave it out, then gave it to someone, how much are you giving them. The person I was trying to give some to I had never given any to before, so I can see how this would be of any consequence.

I think squigboy stole it from me. :D

tonksy

i think that everytime you give karma you give the amount you have regardless of if you have given any before....i'd imagine. because then it would be too complex...you know?.....fury?

PostCode

Major contributor!
You know, you can tell this whole Karma thing was writtin by a programmer....the complexity is too much for use friggin users.

Way to go fluffmeister. Ever think about writting a user manual for it?

:rofl4:

:D

Bungi

tonks said:
i read the FAQ and i think it's kinda easy....i point of karma for every 100 points of karma you have. one point of karma for every 1,000 posts. and 1 point of karma for every year you have been a member. not sure why it matters but thats how you can know.

You give those three things added together in karma points, those points are added/subtracted from how many points the person currently has. You can't give karma to a person who has karma turned off. You can't give karma to someone twice without giveing karma to at least 4 other people first.

I think.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Bungi, You CAN give karma to someone with their karma turned off. Its just the indicator that they turn off.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Postcode, when you give karma, your karma level don't decreases. However, the higher your karma level is, the higher your karma giving power is.

Oricon

PostCode said:
You know, you can tell this whole Karma thing was writtin by a programmer....the complexity is too much for use friggin users.

Way to go fluffmeister. Ever think about writting a user manual for it?

:rofl4:

:D
Note: fury did not write the karma system the vbulletin developers wrote this one. :p