Karma ratio?

Kawaii

Would it be possible to implement a function that shows how much Karma per post a user has? For example, with my 1856 posts and 6682 Karma points, my Karma ratio would be 6682/1856=3,6.
I think it'd be a more accurate indicator of post quality than the current system.

Just a thought.

Dave

since when did karma start being about post quality? karma is just a popularity poll.

Kawaii

Spot said:
since when did karma start being about post quality? karma is just a popularity poll.
Yeah, but it's still interesting to see err, statistics and stuff. :)
Who knows, maybe tonks isn't the Karma Queen after all.

unclehobart

It wouldn't be accurate as the karma system was implemented well after the boards inception. Such math would seem punitive to anyone who joined before its existence.

Kawaii

unclehobart said:
It wouldn't be accurate as the karma system was implemented well after the boards inception. Such math would seem punitive to anyone who joined before its existence.
Oh. I wasn't aware of that. Forget it, then.

Oz

BeardofPants said:
FYI, you can rank members by their karma, and IIRC, Squiggy rules the roost.

I seem to be sandwiched between tonks and Les......it must be my lucky day :brow:

karma is just a popularity poll.

I don't even see it as that......I've used karma from everything for saying thank you to a thought provoking/moving post, to simply a quick way of saying Hello to someone who ain't been on the boards for a while.......tis all just a bit of fun :lloyd: