I've just bought a Lian Li aluminium full tower

Jon

In response to the bastard who gave me bad karma for this thread, I've only just got my camera back from a mate. Here's a picture ;)

Aunty Em

Jon said:
In response to the bastard who gave me bad karma for this thread, I've only just got my camera back from a mate. Here's a picture ;)
Umm... that's big! How many hdds are you planning? What are your system and cpu temperatures like in that thing?

Jon

Aunty - May get another 80Gb with a matching caddy, but I'm not sure yet. Case temps have NEVER gone above 30 deg. C, CPU never above 47 deg. C ;)

Stewey - got it from Micro Direct, cost was £150 :eek: worth every penny though :)

Martin - I wanted the black one, but I wasn't sure how easy the paint would scratch, and I didn't want to take the risk ;)

Arris

steweygrrrr said:
I agree! How many drive bays does it have?

6.... there is a picture and I know you can count ;)

Here's my little baby Lian Li PC-50 that I've had for some time. Just a mini version of Jon's one :D

Only one intake at the front and one blow hole on the top panel of the case, but the dual fans of the Antec 550w TruePower help keep things cooler.

pc50250.jpg

Raven

Annoying SOB
geez I bet the thing could fly if it werent laden down with all the gear.

note to self: attach 8 60mm exhaust fans to old P-133 ATX case and see if it takes off

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Jon said:
Martin - I wanted the black one, but I wasn't sure how easy the paint would scratch, and I didn't want to take the risk ;)

it's very solid, seriously. unless you're using a sharp knife, it's hard to make a scratch in it...:) those people produce PURE quality :D

love this one as well btw :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I got a PC-0716 for my dad's computer and it is the hardest freaking case I've ever had to deal with. Not only did those little snap-in standoffs for the motherboard keep falling out, but I had to find two spacers of the same height (about a mm) and screw the motherboard in with those in between it and the case, because the board was too low to be able to screw in the addon cards. The standoffs fell out several times when I was trying to do that too.

But it is a very nice looking case, and light too, so the 3 hours of farking around with it were worth it I guess. :beerbang:

Got me : 2500+ Barton, Slot A mobo for a mate, 512mb 3500 cas 2 for a mate, Liteon DVD/CDRW, 12 1.33Ghz T birds (one of which i am taking for some ocing fun), SLOT A sink (lol), SLK 900 for a mate and truepower 480 for me and a Chieftec Server case for me.

Jon

Arris - you mean the fan speed controller? ;)

Stewey - yeah :d'oh: :D there's 6x 5.25" bays and 9x 3.5" bays in total

AB - Nah, it's not loud at all - each fan's rated below 35dBa, and the PSU is rated 22dBa :)