Its over....

AJPRATT

THANK YOU, SQUIGGY

I came across your message today. I want to thank you for serving on the jury. It was just yesterday that the Kiwanis Club of Pleasantville hosted a Motorcycle Bike Run in memory of Richard "Hap" and Shirley Hazard. You see, Richard, Hap as many called him, was a member of my Kiwanis club in Pleasantville, NJ. And everyone he met loved him. I know it was very difficult for you to serve, but I, along with the other members of my club, are grateful that you did...AND that you came back with a verdict proportional to the crime. Nothing will ever bring them back, but at least there is a feeling that this will not go unpunished. I met two of their children and one grand child for the first time yesterday. They are wonderful people. Mr Wakefield deserves what he gets.

So, once again...thank you.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
Re: THANK YOU, SQUIGGY

Squiggs, what a tough thing to go through. I believe he got what he deserved. This sounded like a guy who would do it again if given the chance.
Kudo's to you and the rest of the jury for a sound judgment.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
The brief glimpse that we, the jury, were given into the lives of Hap and Shirley Hazard made clear that they were as wonderful as you say. I'm not sure how to accept a 'thank you' for doing my small part in serving justice on this tragic event. I feel awkward saying you're welcome. But you are.
I do offer, without reservation, my deepest condolences to you and all of the Hazard's friends and family. I know that all of you suffered a tremendous personal loss. :sadhug:

AJPRATT

Squiggy said:
I'm not sure how to accept a 'thank you' for doing my small part in serving justice on this tragic event. I feel awkward saying you're welcome. But you are.

Thank you for your condolences. So many people try to get out of jury duty. So, the fact that you hung in there through this difficult trial, really says a lot about your character. If it makes it less awkward, consider the thank you for not letting this creep get away with his crime.