Iraq, would you turn back the clock?

Would you turn back the clock on Iraq?

• Turn back the clock

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Leave things as they are

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters

HeXp£Øi±

So knowing what you know now, if you could, would you turn back the clock to pre war Iraq or would you leave things the way they are.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
sorry, bit of a weird question to be honest....but i voted leave things the way they are. i doubt things could have gone better than they did now.

no gas attacks or bio-strikes upon allied forces....etc

Squiggy

ThunderDick
It seems to be as I feared prior to the war. The reasons were false. The intel was bogus. And several friends of Bush made a ton of money..... Iraq is neither free or happy. But American parents are being told their sons and daughters died honorably....SA has yet to answer for 9/11 and the excuses are really getting tired...

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
although i seriously doubt that the iraqi people are off worse than before the war started.

the potential is a lot bigger now, imo. chances for a free country have been improved i think, no matter how valid the reasons to start the war were in the first place.

HeXp£Øi±

C'mon Squig, you didn't actually think Iraq was going to be Eden one month after the war. It took years even for Japan to recover and they did some amazing work.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
C'mon Hex. Didn't you hear him say we were giving Iraq to the Iraqi people? I don't remember the part about "as long as they do as we tell them"....

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
but the question is: are they off worse now? there have been quite some lies, but personally i don't think they are off worse...

but that's my view :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
We won't know if they are better off till their country is back in their hands. Until then they are just 'occupied'. Which has its own set of pros and cons....

HeXp£Øi±

I won't deny that their have been lies, the adminastrations has already admitted some of them. Nor will i waste my time pondering the depths of these lies. The simple fact is that we now have the chance to create a free Iraq. I have little doubt that it will be democratic at least for a time. Whether or not it stays democratic is up to Iraqis. What i don't believe however is that we're going to take permanent control of the nation. Anyone who understands the Arab world knows this is simply not possible. The Arabs would simply not have it.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
We're not done smacking them with the American alignment tool yet. Soon we will have all of the Arab countries too terrorized to speak of anything anti-American...

HeXp£Øi±

I wonder if anyone has the courage to say aloud that they'd rather have Saddam back than the current situation?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Kind of a silly question, Hex. Its what it cost to remove him. Not just dollars and cents but integrity etc....

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Exactly. :wink2:

We probably did tell some lies, but I don't think we told as many as Saddam. I honestly believe the country is better off today, and will be much better off a year from today, than it was six months ago, or even 15 years ago. I don't like the fact that we have become the worlds police, but on the other hand, is that really such a bad thing?

HeXp£Øi±

Again Bullshit with a capital B. All war contains terror but we do not use terrorist methods. We do not blow ourselves up to kill women and children, we don't ram planes into civilian buildings, we do not poison water supplies or spread anthrax in ventalation systems. Under the limits of your arguement WWII, the civil war and the war of independence could all be considered terrorism. It's bullshit that was spewed forth from radical islamic leaders and sadly some have bought into it. You're smarter than that Squig, don't let your anger get in the way of rational thought. I don't dispute your anger only your current reasoning.