Internal clock not keeping up

Camelyn

For the past 2 weeks or so, the internal clock on my computer has been continually falling behind. I have had to syncronize every day. It seems to fall behind by about 5 to 10 minutes a day. I have never had this problem before and I have no idea why it's happening now.

Any thoughts?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Time to change the battery, there is a little battery on the motherboard, some will just pop out, others are soldered in. See if you can get the numbers off of it without taking it out so you can get the new one here.

Camelyn

PuterTutor said:
Time to change the battery, there is a little battery on the motherboard, some will just pop out, others are soldered in. See if you can get the numbers off of it without taking it out so you can get the new one here.

I had no idea there was a battery...
'Course in hind-sight, it probable wasn't little computer gnomes turning a manual crank on the computer when the power was off to keep the clock going :D

Thanks PT!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
No Problem. It will look like a big watch battery, usually about the size of a quarter. Just make sure and unplug the pc before digging around in it if you are going to do it yourself.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
what you do, is go to your local Gnome store, (There is one on grand avenue, in NDG)

get 3 new comuter gnomes, make sure they aren't apple gnomes, those guys work backwards.

put them in through the fan grate (MAKE SURE FAN IS OFF)

and feed them cookies, they last about 3 years.

Camelyn

paul_valaru said:
what you do, is go to your local Gnome store, (There is one on grand avenue, in NDG)

get 3 new comuter gnomes, make sure they aren't apple gnomes, those guys work backwards.

put them in through the fan grate (MAKE SURE FAN IS OFF)

and feed them cookies, they last about 3 years.

:lol2:

And the word of the day in Mr. Pauly's neighborhood is "facetious". Can you spell facetious boys and girls?

:D

Professur

Cam, it's a 2032 battery. I've dozens of them. If you can convince bish to swing by and pick one up, he can pass it on to ya.

Camelyn

Professur said:
Cam, it's a 2032 battery. I've dozens of them. If you can convince bish to swing by and pick one up, he can pass it on to ya.

Thanks prof! I was just about to ask where exactly I should go to get one.