I'm worried about my friend.

Kawaii

Here's what happened.
Me and my friend decided to go watch a movie(The Day After Tomorrow) together. He came over and we rode our bikes down to the cinema together. But, as we discovered, the movie wasn't on for another 4,5 hours. So we went back to my place and watched some anime and stuff. Whatever. It doesn't matter.
A couple hours later, he recieves a SMS from his dad saying that it's dinner time. I say i'll just grab something to eat and head over to him.
When i get there, his dad and grandfather wants us to help him move a rather large dresser. I gladly agree to help him, and we haul the dresser into the house. My friend then proceeds to sit down at his computer for some odd reason, knowing that we still have to move the dresser up to the second floor. His father yells at him and asks what he's doing, to which my friend replies that he 'just wants to finish this level'. The dad promtly switches the computer off.
That is when my friend flipped.
He shouted at the top of his lungs, 'I'm so sick of you! I hate you!' etc etc, and also threw a couple punches at his dad. He stormed out of the house in a pissy fit.
I exchanged a few sentences with his dad and then walked outside to talk to my friend. He was nowhere to be found. So, i got on my bike and started looking for him. I checked the cinema, my apartment and basically the entire city, which is rather large.
Three hours of frantic biking later i give up and return to my friend's place. He still hadn't returned and his dad was getting pretty worried. He thanks me for helping and tells me to return home.

I still haven't heard a word from my friend.
He's 16 years old and has many friends. He seems to be happy, but if you look closely you can tell something not quite right. He's struggling academically because he likes to skip school. Despite that, he's not wild. Running away is definitely not something i expected from him.

I hope he's alright.

Rose

:| wow. I"m sure things will turn out alright, but best wishes for your friend. Sounds like quite the pent-up anger issues. He's holding it in until something little breaks him and snaps. :(

*hugs*

Oz

Professur said:
Sounds like a spoiled brat in need of a swift kick in the seat.

Yup....that's the kind of shitfit 10yr olds throw, he shoulda grown outa them by now :eh:

Me dad woulda kicked my arse if I'd thrown a punch at him at 16...act like a man, get treat like one :D

He's prolly just sulking in some quiet corner kawaii......he'll go home when he's hungry.

Kawaii

Professur said:
Sounds like a spoiled brat in need of a swift kick in the seat.
Nah, his father makes him do a lot of things around the house, but the problem is, he's a gaming addict. He's played, and finished, more games than everyone else i know combined.

Professur

Kawaii said:
Nah, his father makes him do a lot of things around the house, .

At 16 I should damn well hope so. He's only a couple of years from being legal adult.

HomeLAN

Sounds a bit like gamimg might not be the only addiction he has. This sort of behavior can also be the result of a drug or alcohol problem.

Of course, he also might just be an asshole to his dad.

kuulani

that boy does have some issues. odds are his parents paid for the computer, the electricity needed to run it and the house that it sits in ... your friend needs to stop throwing tantrums, grow up, and help his father when he asks for it - or find a place of his own.

tonksy

right...but maybe this is the moment when he falls on his ass and learns a lesson...he is still a kid...a kid that needs a whooping but a kid nonetheless.

Kawaii

Still haven't spoken to him but i think he's sulking at his mom's place. She lives in Örsundsbro, 24km away... I'll try to contact him tomorrow.