I knew this kid

FluerVanderloo

http://wjz.com/local/local_story_038221424.html

He found me online through Myspace, and tried to meet me but I refused. That was last semester, before he killed this woman.

On Monday, the day before he was arrested, he came into the bookstore and I waited on him. Thank goodness he met too many people online for him to recognize me.

I have my Myspace set so that you can only see my profile if I add you as a friend, but I had a habit of adding almost anyone. That's certainly going to change.

FluerVanderloo

I agree. I know a few girls that actually did go out with him though. I don't mess around with meeting people from online unless it's a crowded place and I'm with a male friend. Even then it's sketchy.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
FluerVanderloo said:
I agree. I know a few girls that actually did go out with him though. I don't mess around with meeting people from online unless it's a crowded place and I'm with a male friend. Even then it's sketchy.

yeah...me too.....

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
That is really scary, but I read this and have to scratch my head...

Police say Gaumer, who used to play football for LaPlata High School in his hometown of Waldorf, became a suspect in Brown's disappearance after admitting he killed her.
BECAME a suspect AFTER admitting he killed her? Now that's some top-notch police work there.

Winky

Police say Gaumer, who used to play football for LaPlata High School in his hometown of Waldorf, became a suspect in Brown's disappearance after admitting he killed her.

Would Inky Approve of such a passage?

Holy Editor asleep at the switch, Batman!

Uki Chick

Wow! That's just crazy! You do have to be carefull with people you meet on the internet, but sometimes you can get lucky as well.

greenfreak

This is what I worry about with my nieces and nephews, what a scary situation. How did you know it was him when you waited on him, you had his picture? Just goes to show you how dangerous it is to share personal information online.

I met three people IRL that I met online. One of them was Rusty but everyone was afraid for me when I told them. You just never know.

FluerVanderloo

greenfreak said:
How did you know it was him when you waited on him, you had his picture?

His Myspace and Facebook had his full name, pictures, everything. When I waited on him, he paid with a credit card and I recognized the name, then remembered what he looked like.

Inkara1

PT said:
That is really scary, but I read this and have to scratch my head...

BECAME a suspect AFTER admitting he killed her? Now that's some top-notch police work there.
I got a little chuckle out of that myself. :D