I hope I don't have to have surgery!!!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Spirit, in any other circumstance, I'd offer to roll around on the ground with you, but I think in your present condition, a leg hump will probably have to do :)

Good luck, I hope it isn't anything too serious.

alex

I just got a degree in pelvic examinations....*checks book*.....and my schedule is open ;)

Hope it's nuttin too bad sweetie :kiss:

freako104

id hug ya but i dont really know ya. get well spirit. hope your allright. oh and i wont hug for another reason. i dont want you in more pain.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I wish it was bad gas.. but it won't go away :(

I am stuck at my desk all day (I should be in bed, but I am a stubborn fool).

ris

hope you feel better soon spirit, a friend of mine had terrible trouble with appendicitis, make sure they give you as good check over :)

trinity1

Spirit...Please move down my way. Any hospital or any test I can hook you up with!
Seriously though-don't let this progress into a bad situation!!
I will be thinking of you! ;)

Attachment(s):

cat2.jpg, 31.01kb

131_1034805665.jpg

kuulani

aaaw, Spirit, I wish I could take your owie away for you, like when I was little and mommy could magically take the pain away.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
UPDATE

I just got home from 8 hours of poking and prodding. They still don't know what's wrong. They found some abnormality next to my appendix but they don't think it's actually the appendix itself.

You name it, they did it to me :eek: uh huh. Ew. Ow. :(

Now I am tired and going to bed........... for 3 days.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
8 hours to find nothing serious? Girl, get you sweet ass to the US & get some help. I won't start the alarm bells, but an "abnormality" next to the appendix is, well, worrisome.

Jeslek

Banned
Gonz said:
8 hours to find nothing serious? Girl, get you sweet ass to the US & get some help. I won't start the alarm bells, but an "abnormality" next to the appendix is, well, worrisome.
I honestly agree with Gonzo here. My faith in the Canadian health care system is a little less in Tonga's ability to conquer Mexico.

unclehobart

At least they were able to rule out a whole basket of things: gall stones and the like. Whats next? Any future tests planned?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
This is how my day went:
3:00 p.m.
Went to have an ultrasound... she had to push hard on my belly :( cuz she couldn't find one of my ovaries... THEN she decided to call in the boss and have him try. He finds it, then finds something "abnormal" in the appendix area. He said he couldn't tell *what* it was and decided I needed to do an "inter-vaginal probe" :eek: Still inconclusive... so then he thought I should go to the hospital to have a CT, rush.

4:15 p.m.
At the hospital.... they rush me in, hook me up to an IV, take blood, then make me drink this vile stuff, lots of it too, and wait two hours so I can have my CT. Meanwhile, I get probed again by an intern. Bleh. Pee every ten minutes. Bleh.

7:20ish p.m.
Tired, sore. Go from the Emergency Observation area to the CT waiting area. Get the scan done. Piece of cake. They take me back to the EO and I wait some more.

Sometime in there, I ask "Did the blood tests come back?" Nurse says "Yes, but I can't read it, you will have to wait for the Doctor." "When will he be here?" "I don't know, sorry."

8:30p.m.
The Doctor comes in, opens the curtain, looks at me with this look like "Oh man, I hate to have to tell you this" I think he was playing games, he was an asshole. So I said "WHAT?? What's wrong???" He pauses for just a little too long, then tells me exactly what the Radiologist told me. NOTHING!!!!!! Phreaking NOTHING! 'inconclusive'. He says. "You have something about 2cm in diameter close to your appendix, but we're not sure if it's on your appendix. We are going to call in the Surgeaons on Call and consult with them. They may want to do exploratory surgery at which time if your appendix is abnormal, they will remove it. You may be here until about 11 or so." I ask "What about my blood tests...that would determine if it's an infection, right?" He says "They were all normal" Then he leaves. I sat there, stunned... I asked the nurse to go get him so I could ask him questions.. she raced after him, he ignored her!!! So she came back and politely said 'the Doctor was very busy with emergent cases and that the Surgeons would be right here.' :rolleyes: Sure.....

9:30ish p.m.
Student surgical intern comes in and I get to give my 'history' for the third/forth time. Nice gal.. but I was tired and sick of the same phreakin' questions. So I say to her, "I can't stand being poked and proded again, so you're gonna have to wait til the Surgical Intern On Call comes in and you can do it together at the same time". She laughs and says that's cool.

10:00p.m.
Resident Surgical Intern comes in... I'm thinking she was a tad inebriated - breath too strong of mint gum. Eyes kinda not so open... :confuse3: Go through the story APHREAKINGAIN!!! They proceed the poking and prodding and decide they need to stick thier damn fingers in my... umm... well.. 'there'. EW! "does this hurt?".."no"... prod prod... "this?"... "nope".... this goes on TOO long. Felt like I had to take a ... you know what. EWWWWW. So they're done, we discuss that they don't "think" it's my appendix but are concerned about the 2cm abnormality. "we'll consult the surgeon and get back to you..." I say"I'm leaving, I can't take this indecision anymore" "Ok, we'll hurry, give us ten minutes". So after 10 minutes, I call in the nurse and tell her to take out the IV, I'm going home. She comes back after a few minutes and removes it.
I'm dressed and ready to go and the Doc somes in and repeats that they don't know what it is, I have to take my temp, watch for this and that and come back for another CT and ultrasound on Monday.

So after 8 hours, what do I know?? After being with umpteen doctors..?

Nothing.

Motherfuckers.