How wacky can the "save the Earth" crowd get? Read on ...

jimpeel

The only way this could get better is if it was from The Onion.

http://www.10news.com/health/18343310/detail.html#-

Doctor Allegedly Used Body Fat As Fuel
Liposuction Remains Supposedly Used For Biodiesel

POSTED: 5:43 am PST December 23, 2008

A Beverly Hills surgeon used body fat taken from his patients during liposuction to fuel two SUVs, according to a report on Forbes.com.

The site said Dr. Craig Alan Bittner turned the fat into biodiesel, which is more commonly made from vegetable oils, though analysts said about half of the U.S. supply comes from beef or pig byproducts.

"The vast majority of my patients request that I use their fat for fuel -- and I have more fat than I can use," Bittner wrote on his Web site, Forbes said. The site was not functional Tuesday morning. "Not only do they get to lose their love handles or chubby belly but they get to take part in saving the Earth."

Forbes said it is illegal in California to use medical waste to power vehicles, and Bittner was being investigated by the state's public health department.

The fueling operation was reportedly discovered when patients complained about Bittner's medical abilities.

Forbes also said Bittner has closed his practice and moved to South America. Bittner's lawyer did not return calls from Forbes.

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting.

Jim, you're trying to make illogical generalizations about a large group of people from the actions of a single person AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Seems like a pretty inventive but creepy use for waste though.

soylent_green.jpg

Aren't there some kind of rules that regulate the disposal of medical waste?

Forbes said it is illegal in California to use medical waste to power vehicles

So this was such a problem before that California had to pass a law on it? :rofl4:

Actually sounds like a good idea, though.

Edit: The vehicle powering that is.

So this was such a problem before that California had to pass a law on it? :rofl4:

Actually sounds like a good idea, though.

Edit: The vehicle powering that is.

Hey, when the boat people first got here from Vietnam in the early 70s the rumors had it that they were getting dogs from the pound and eating them. The legislature passed a law that it is illegal to eat dogs even though they are awash in the damned things; and they kill 160,000 every year. I guess it is far better that the dogs be rendered into bloodmeal for rose bushes than to feed a hungry human.

The rumors were unsubstantiated; but the law still stands and they still kill 160,000 dogs every year.

So, yes, california simply HAD to pass a law against using fat to power cars. It's what they do. Now, if they could tax that fat ...

we are.
My TVs, and some monitors freak out periodically from cell waves, and other IR devices.

It's what they do. Now, if they could tax that fat ...

Maybe they should. Or people who "donate" their fat should get a tax deduction. This country'd be thin in no time. :D

Edit: No wait. That would just give the junk food makers an excuse to make their products even more fattening. :rofl:

Back