Hey Tonks

tonksy

Making pizza and watching football/movies on NYE...NYD will be sausage and cabbage and more football.
Basically we are staying in...too many crazy folks out there. I might see about picking up some lame (Kid friendly) fireworks if we come across any.
Ya'll?

simplyred

Going to hear a speaker the afternoon of NYE, then staying in and playing board games. NYD having Ham, cabbage, and blackeyed Peas at Sues.

tonksy

I must be the only Southerner that hates black eyed peas...the hull is too rough for me. It's a texture thing. I'll do white limas instead...but not this year I don't think.

simplyred

Maybe...:kiss:

BTW, no, Sue Ellen does NOT cook cabbage...we will be having cole slaw

Yes she does because she was going to. You just found out tonight that we were only have cole slaw because she didn't bother to tell you about the cabbage because she knows the cole slaw is your favorite. :kiss: love you

AS a matter of fact, I think the only one of us who eats cooked cabbage is "stepdaddy". Now who gets their southern card revoked??? :lol:

simplyred

No. Icky Icky. Some people have said that I just haven't had them cooked right. But I just don't like the way they smell.

tonksy

Ah! I understand. That's what the vinegar is for! About an hour into cooking I put a jigger or 2 of vinegar in it...kills that bitter smell.

tonksy

No biggie, you're a big girl and you can pick your own damn vegetable selection :D
I loooove spinach! You should try that spinch rice casserole recipe I posted!

unclehobart

If greens are cooked too long they start to flly break down and give off this really rank chemical smell. Perhaps all of your attempts at greens eating have been too pummelled to be properly tasty.