Hey Canada

Dave

did we forget to pay the cold/snow bill this year?
i shouldnt be driving home with the sunroof open with temps of 50F at this time of year. can you let me know who to talk to about this. i know we are under contract for a certain amount of winter each year and i'd like to get it started soon. i dont want to be shoveling snow in June.
Thanks.

highwayman

did we forget to pay the cold/snow bill this year?
i shouldnt be driving home with the sunroof open with temps of 50F at this time of year. can you let me know who to talk to about this. i know we are under contract for a certain amount of winter each year and i'd like to get it started soon. i dont want to be shoveling snow in June.
Thanks.

It's all being sent to Colorado, they are on their third blizzard in less then three weeks...

unclehobart

I've had the AC on twice in the last week.. IN JANUARY.

...not that I really mind though. Its making demand for oil and electricity plummet. These should be the nicest winter energy bills in a decade.

BB

we had rasberrys on the canes till almost christmas, and at christmas, cherry blossoms beginning on the tree already!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
We're not getting below 0 till Tuesday, and that's a -1.

Apparently it's supposed to be cold in a couple weeks?

K62

It's been warm in Halifax, Nova Scotia.. and Saint John, New Brunswick this winter. We only had one snow fall so far, and it was just a quick and dirty.. gone within a few days.

Damn, and I payed $500 for new winter tires this year. :(

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's been warm in Halifax, Nova Scotia.. and Saint John, New Brunswick this winter. We only had one snow fall so far, and it was just a quick and dirty.. gone within a few days.

Damn, and I payed $500 for new winter tires this year. :(

I'm SO GLAD I didn't end up buying winter tires!

I even put off buying boots til yesterday and they didn't have my size in the ones I wanted...and apparently that's it for their supply this year because "The season is over" wtf...clothing seasons are retarded.

MrBishop

You're barking up the wrong tree...talk with the el Nino folx...they're the ones pushing our nice arctic air northwards :p

Snowed last night... pissant 2" of it

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
WTF Dave, did you go and pay the bill? :eek6:

Snowsquall warning

SNOW SQUALLS GRADUALLY DEVELOPING IN THE SNOW BELTS.. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SNOWSQUALLS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.
STRONG WESTERLY WINDS IN THE WAKE OF AN INTENSIFYING DISTURBANCE OVER QUEBEC IS ALLOWING MORE WINTERLIKE WEATHER TO RETURN TO ONTARIO. THE BRISK WINDS ARE USHERING IN COLDER MORE SEASONABLE AIR WHICH IS CREATING INSTABILITY OVER THE RELATIVELY WARM WATERS OF LAKE HURON AND GEORGIAN BAY. AS SLIGHTLY COLDER AIR BEGINS TO SETTLE IN TONIGHT..FLURRIES WILL BECOME MORE PREVALENT IN PARTS OF SKI COUNTRY. THE GREATEST CHANCE FOR APPRECIABLE SNOW IS IN THE PARRY SOUND AND MUSKOKA AREAS WHERE A PRONOUNCED BAND OF SNOW SQUALLS APPEARS LIKELY TO DEVELOP LATER THIS EVENING OR OVERNIGHT. UPWARDS OF 10 TO LOCALLY 15 CM IS POSSIBLE BY MORNING. FLURRIES WILL STILL GIVE SOME LOCAL LIGHTER AMOUNTS IN OTHER PORTIONS OF SKI COUNTRY BUT SLIGHTLY DRIER AIR ARRIVING FROM MICHIGAN WILL TEND TO DIMINISH THEIR INTENSITY. THERE IS FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS FOR THE BELEAGUERED SKI RESORTS ON TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. EVEN COLDER AIR WILL BE ARRIVING WHICH SHOULD SET THE STAGE FOR A MORE SIGNIFICANT LAKE EFFECT SNOW EVENT. THE HEAVY BAND THROUGH THE PARRY SOUND DISTRICT SHOULD MIGRATE SOUTH ON TUESDAY AND AFFECT REGIONS IN AND AROUND BARRIE AND ORILLIA. ALSO..SNOW SQUALLS SHOULD BECOME QUITE INTENSE FOR SOME REGIONS EAST OF LAKE HURON..ESPECIALLY AROUND THE BRUCE PENINSULA. SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 20 TO 30 CENTIMETRES OR MORE ARE LIKELY IN SOME OF THESE AREAS TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. THE STRONG WESTERLY WINDS OF 60 WITH LOCAL GUSTS TO NEAR 90 KM/H HAVE BEGUN TO EASE SOMEWHAT. THUS THE WIND WARNING IS ENDED. TRAVELLERS SHOULD EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION THROUGH THIS PERIOD DUE TO RAPID WEATHER CHANGES DUE TO SNOW SQUALLS AND LOCAL BLOWING SNOW.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/alerts/warnings.htm?region=WWCAON0005&ref=wxeyealerts

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
After yesterday's -10 with horrific gusting winds and blowing snow, the kids actually ASKED for hats, mitts, and snowpants today.

It's been an argument every morning. Now that it's frigid again, they finally get it!! *phew*

MrBishop

We finally got some weather to write about -16 plus windchill last night. Cold enough to freeze the nuts off of the Champlain bridge. :)

Still not the -30's I was expecting, but it's getting there.

Aunty Em

After yesterday's -10 with horrific gusting winds and blowing snow, the kids actually ASKED for hats, mitts, and snowpants today.

It's been an argument every morning. Now that it's frigid again, they finally get it!! *phew*

Yeah, I can remember having to persuade Katie that shorts weren't appropriate attire to wear to school in the middle of winter... :lol:

We had "storm force" winds and rain here all yesterday and last night... the usual trees down, electricity lines down and kids getting a day off school... what would we talk about if not the weather? :D

Altron

Hasn't been snowy here, but it's definetly been cold. Froze my ass off in the car this morning. I need to start putting a blanket or something over the windshield to keep the damn thing from freezing up. This morning, I could barely see, so i needed to get out of my car and wipe the ice off with a towel.
I also got laughed at by a coworker when I stalled my car twice backing out of a parking spot at work.... with a fucking automatic transmission.

highwayman

If the white stuff starts flying. do not forget the snow shoes....

attachment.php