Hey Aunty Em

How good is Aria for RMAs? ever had to do one with them? I got a duff doa board today and already packaged for rmaing, got number etc.. guess what i wanna find out is how fast do they usually deal with such stuff as i need to ship off this pc within 2 weeks,

ris

i had to rma a vid card about 4 years ago and some ram a couple of years back, i don't recall them being terribly slow.

ris

i doubt it, and for stuff that is just incompatible but works fine [ram, my vid card] they charge 15% restock fee.

ris

i don't see any reason for them needing to charge you 15% restock on a faulty bit of kit, somehting in trading standards about fitness for purpose

Aunty Em

If it's faulty then they shouldn't charge. I've only had to RMA one item, an Aopen CD-Rom Drive, to dabs.com and it cost me £7 via their courier... it took about a week or so. I believe aria are comparable.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
ris said:
i doubt it, and for stuff that is just incompatible but works fine [ram, my vid card] they charge 15% restock fee.
in my experience, at least in the US, the 15% threat is mostly supposed to be a deterrent to RMA-happy idiots that don't know what they're doing, I've never been charged it for RMAs, working or otherwise.

ris

no matter how much i pointed out the known incompatibility between my graphics card and the mobo [of course, only discovered after putting it together] the buggers still charged me.

the ram i can sort of understand, buying a third stick of generic stuff to go with two others was pretty much asking for trouble.

Aunty Em

ris said:
no matter how much i pointed out the known incompatibility between my graphics card and the mobo [of course, only discovered after putting it together] the buggers still charged me.

the ram i can sort of understand, buying a third stick of generic stuff to go with two others was pretty much asking for trouble.
I think it's a pain when that happens, but I usually research what I want before I buy, including incompatibility problems. I only buy branded ram these days so I can add to it later without problems if I want to. Personally i like Crucial.

I actually had an incompatibility/conflict issue between the drivers for the AGP slot on my on my KD7E disc and my ATI card so I don't load the drivers on my mobo disc for the agp and run on windows drivers instead or I get a blank screen... that was scarey the first time that happened, I thought I'd destroyed the board!

Aunty Em

I have actually installed the latest Via 4 in 1. I think the drivers on the disc which came with the board must be corrupted in some way... because every other set I've downloaded works OK.

I've actually written on the disc not to install those drivers but to download new ones so I don't forget again.

Raven

Annoying SOB
you got some VIA drivers that WORKED? surely you are a goddess! :worship: I have NEVER had a working set of via 4 in 1's

Arris

steweygrrrr said:
you got some VIA drivers that WORKED? surely you are a goddess! :worship: I have NEVER had a working set of via 4 in 1's

I had a couple of 4 in 1's and the Hyperions that worked great with my GA-7VAXP. 8XAGP and everything :D