Help please

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So, the Hydro company are dipshits and turned off our power for 4.5 hours today...on purpose...we got a warnign yesterday afternoon...cause less tha 24 hours notice is REALLY helpfulll...*rollseyes*

Anyway...I am trying to figure out if my milk is still good...:(

Anyone know about how long milk stays good for?

Uki Chick

Nixy said:
So, the Hydro company are dipshits and turned off our power for 4.5 hours today...on purpose...we got a warnign yesterday afternoon...cause less tha 24 hours notice is REALLY helpfulll...*rollseyes*

Anyway...I am trying to figure out if my milk is still good...:(

Anyone know about how long milk stays good for?

stays good for more than 4.5 hrs. keep it cold by putting it outside.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Uki Chick said:
stays good for more than 4.5 hrs. keep it cold by putting it outside.

it might freeze...you have any sheltered places, out of the wind

30 min outside 20 inside

but if you fridge door is closed id should keep the cold in for a good 2 hours, then move the milk to the freezer

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The power has already been out...the milk sat in the fridge for 4.5 hours...:(

Gotnolegs

Smell it. If it smells fine then it is fine. Unlike a lot of other foods milk starts to degrade before it becomes dangerous...

Rose

Toss it. :s Even if it smells good, toss it and buy new milk. *lol* But this comes from someone who won't drink milk that's sat on the counter for more than 5 minutes.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
See, the problem with smelling it is...I don't know what milk is suppose to smell like...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If you smell it and become nauseous, that's what it's not supposed to smell like.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
4.5 hours is not a problem if it's not sitting in direct sunlight or isn't 3 weeks old to begin with.

greenfreak

Rose said:
Toss it. :s Even if it smells good, toss it and buy new milk. *lol* But this comes from someone who won't drink milk that's sat on the counter for more than 5 minutes.

I'm with you :laugh: I'm so freaky about that.