Has AVG improved?

markjs

Banned
I had it about 6 months ago and it was constantly finding viruses that it couldn't do anything about, but yet they never seemed to harm my files or anything so I did away with AVG in favor of PC Cillin which never found any of the viruses AVG was always bugging me about. Well I have been hearing such good things about AVG lately I wondered if they had improved it? As far as I knew when I had it it was as it was originally written with no improvements other than pattern updates. I am using XP pro should I go back to AVG?

markjs

Banned
Nevermind....I went and got it and it is improved....Well see how well it works.....It found a trojan already.

catocom

I've been using AVG for several years.
The stuff it found, was there, and if it couldn't fix it, I could restart in
safe mode, and then it would get it.
Now it tells you when it has to restart to fix them, and it does it in regular
mode, before it starts loading the programs. :)
The main thing with AVG, and an AV for that matter, is, I always set it,
or remember to update about every 2 days now. ;)

Oricon

AVG works nicely but I still prefer my Norton... I've been using it literally for years on end.

markjs

Banned
Yeah I might run Norton if I had $40 extra bucks every year and a spare 512mb of ram and another processor to handle Norton's needs.

PostCode

Major contributor!
I've been using Norton for years now. If I were to go to another virus checking program though then it would have to be F-Prot. I've dinked with AVG before but really didn't like it allthat much. Rather ugly interface and setup was a real pain. I haven't used it in some time though so maybe they have done some work on that.