Geaux Tigers!

simplyred

After University of Arkansas coach Houston Nutt passes away and enters the Pearly Gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows Coach Nutt a little 2-bedroom house with a faded University of Arkansas banner hanging from the front porch. "This is your home, Coach Nutt. Most people don't get their own house up here," God explains.

Coach Nutt looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one sitting on the top of the hill. It's a huge 2-story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all of the windows. Louisianna State University flags line both sides of the sidewalk with a huge purple and gold banner hanging between the marble columns. "Thanks for the home, God, but let me ask you a question. How come I get this little 2-bedroom house with a faded Razorback banner, and Les Miles gets a mansion with new LSU Tiger banners and flags flying all over the place, Why is that?"

God looks at him seriously for a moment and then replies, "That's not Les Miles house... that's mine.

Inkara1

I still say any school that can spend $3 million on a tiger habitat at the stadium might need to have fewer donations made to it.

unclehobart

Bah! Footballz be mor importent then lurnin!

You gotta spend cash to make cash in college these days. They are naught more than sporting puppy mills anyway producing the stars of tomorrow for the bread and circuses of the modern Roman Empire of America.

tonksy

Are you implying that Mike the tiger does not deserve a 3 milliion dollar habitat? Careful now, those are fightin' words.

Inkara1

No, Mike the Tiger does NOT need a $3 million habitat. If they've got that much spare cash laying around, they could always send it to Fresno State so Timeout the Bulldog can have a $3 million habitat too.

Inkara1

Yeah, way to geaux... they beat the Bulldogs in their first down year of the decade.

simplyred

Bah! Footballz be mor importent then lurnin!

You gotta spend cash to make cash in college these days. They are naught more than sporting puppy mills anyway producing the stars of tomorrow for the bread and circuses of the modern Roman Empire of America.

Hey! They have a great Law School!

"Louisiana Lawyers do well whether they want to or not."

unclehobart

Hey! They have a great Law School!

"Louisiana Lawyers do well whether they want to or not."

Louisiana lawyers are a strange breed. They are taught under the French common law system... which is totally fucked and incompatible with the rest of the US. They think and act above it all... but I'm biased here. My dad had a major computer contract in Louisiana ten years ago and they refused to pay. My dad sued. The Louisiana judge declared that any contract with anyone outside the state and not drawn up by a Louisiana lawyer to be automatically null and void. What a crock.

simplyred

Louisiana lawyers are a strange breed. They are taught under the French common law system... which is totally fucked and incompatible with the rest of the US. They think and act above it all... but I'm biased here. My dad had a major computer contract in Louisiana ten years ago and they refused to pay. My dad sued. The Louisiana judge declared that any contract with anyone outside the state and not drawn up by a Louisiana lawyer to be automatically null and void. What a crock.

You know I actually have to agree with you. Our laws are completely wacked! For example, one can complete a will and give everything to one person, yet their children and/or ex-wife can contest the will in court and have it over turned! I was quoting a movie line from Steel Magnolias, and trying to defend the mighty tigers :D