Gato...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
...i was just picturing you in the middle of this HUGE desert with a desk with a computer all set up and stuff and you just sitting in the middle of the desert chatting with us...make me laugh out loud so I thought I'd share...must be a real bitch keeping the inside of that thing clear of sand...especially when it start blowing... :lol2:

Oh man...I dunno what I'm on today but I'd like some more please :brush:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I wanan know how he powers his computer...and his A/C that cools his tent...a REALLY long extension cord? :brush:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A/C powered by the sun...hmmm...interesting...*scratches chin*

Winky

If he's in Ku-wait he might be afforded some of the modern conveniences we take for granted like indoor plumbing and showers.

Also being middle-aged like me and having been in the military for a long time he prolly has a position befitting his rank! (I've never been in the military)

We have a guy on our board that is a Cav Trooper.
He manages to post from time to time.
He sez he's lost count @ 343 the number of confirmed kills his platoon has and that he's lost 30 LBS since he went to Iraq. One of his first goals here in a month when he returns to 'the world' is to gain his weight back!

support_our_troops.jpg

tonksy

gato is in logistics (as was i) so that means in the rear with the gear. and most of that stuff would grind to a stand still without computers (especially supply). i don't doubt his digs are less than cozy but i think he has AC and a non sand floor.

MrBishop

Winky said:
...and that he's lost 30 LBS since he went to Iraq. One of his first goals here in a month when he returns to 'the world' is to gain his weight back!

He won't have too much troubles with that :D My bro-in-law lost about that much in Afghanistan, and the moment that he was back on Can soil..it was "Ooh...something that I havn't eaten in the last 6 months." over and over again. He's now thinking of going back to lose some of the extra poundage :D

MrBishop

tonksy said:
gato is in logistics (as was i) so that means in the rear with the gear. and most of that stuff would grind to a stand still without computers (especially supply). i don't doubt his digs are less than cozy but i think he has AC and a non sand floor.

Gato a rubberhead?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yes, but how do you have AC in TENTS? and How is the said AC powered in the middle of a huge sandbox?!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Nixy said:
Yes, but how do you have AC in TENTS? and How is the said AC powered in the middle of a huge sandbox?!

Generators, dear. Big, heavy, JP-8 powered generators. Look similar to this...

mlq-01295a.jpg

only in working condition, and tan in color...