Finally..it's a viable topic

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WOOHOO!!!

Hey ris, COMMUNISM, COMMUNIST, MARX, LENIN-all are ON topic :D

the more things change the more they stay the same in our old nemesis, Russia.

MOSCOW - Camouflaged special forces arrested Russia's richest man, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, at a Siberian airport on Saturday, and he was ordered jailed on charges of tax evasion and fraud.

The dramatic arrest of the head of Russia's largest oil producer alarmed the country's business and political elite, with many analysts saying the actions against the oil company, Yukos, are a Kremlin-directed campaign to keep him out of politics.

Khodorkovsky, who has openly funded opposition parties, is the latest of Russia's superrich oligarchs to be pursued by President Vladimir Putin's government. Tycoons Boris Berezovsky and Vladimir Gusinsky have gone into self-imposed exile to avoid criminal prosecution.

AJC

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No. It's just an excuse to call someone a communist & have ris not give me shit :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Are the Russians historically communist? Don't communists control their political parties & foes?

sound like 1948?
A spokesman of the Prosecutor General's office told The Associated Press that charges had been filed, but could not specify what they were.

...who also allege the Kremlin targeted their companies for political reasons.

``They used sort of special forces as if they were dealing with a terrorist,'' Shadrin said.

Ms Ann Thrope

fascists control their parties and foes, too...in fact, most governments do, regardless of their political leanings...

Russia practiced a twisted form of communism...they were not true communists...true communism has not been practiced anywhere so far

and would you call the current Kremlin communist? I assumed the story you quoted was recent... :confused:

freako104

Gonz said:
Are the Russians historically communist? Don't communists control their political parties & foes?

sound like 1948?

was Gorbachev(sp?) communist? i know Lenin was.

unclehobart

Ms Ann Thrope said:
fascists control their parties and foes, too...in fact, most governments do, regardless of their political leanings...

Russia practiced a twisted form of communism...they were not true communists...true communism has not been practiced anywhere so far

and would you call the current Kremlin communist? I assumed the story you quoted was recent... :confused:
True democracy has never been practiced either. I wonder if anything political has ever been practiced in its true raw state. I don't think human nature would allow it.

Ms Ann Thrope

:crying3: I have to agree with you there....all we seem to come up with are poor compromises...but then I've never subscribed to the theory that we've evolved from some 'noble savage' -- 'killer ape' has always felt more apt...

BeardofPants

unclehobart said:
True democracy has never been practiced either. I wonder if anything political has ever been practiced in its true raw state. I don't think human nature would allow it.

Huh. So next time an American tries to tell me that America is the only TRUE democracy...? *raises eyebrows*

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
Huh. So next time an American tries to tell me that America is the only TRUE democracy...? *raises eyebrows*

Anytime they tell you that correct them. The United States of America is a representative republic. Much to the chagrin of our schoolteachers.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Well...You may want to check with the school teachers first, to see if they're really chagrinning...:tardbang:

pc_builder

Squiggy said:
Well...You may want to check with the school teachers first, to see if they're really chagrinning...:tardbang:

They may just have dumb looks on their faces, given the state of education today. :lloyd:

pc_builder

And don't ask me to eloborate. I'm not smart enough to come up with facts. Just dismiss it as the ramblings of a bum.

freako104

unclehobart said:

thats because supposedly true democracy doesnt work. i dont know fior sure but the people have the power and the govt isnt supposed to have very much at all.

Huh. So next time an American tries to tell me that America is the only TRUE democracy...? *raises eyebrows

theyre full of shit or buying into the govt and sayng the govt is democracy. as gonz said we are a consitutional republic. the closest youll come to a democracy without it truly being