Ever dialed 911?

fi

Had to call 999 when working in campus residences a couple of years ago - St Pat's weekend, a student's cooking chips, pan cathes fire, and she throws water on it. Entire kitchen goes up, so I get to call fire brigade.

K62

when i was really young, like 5 or 6 i called 911 at my school and hung up, yup i was one hell of a bad ass wasnt I :rolleyes:

Ive never had it called on my, but i had my ass dragged to the hospital with a concussion before, and i still dont remember much from that day i got the concussion

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I've never had to myself, but when I was 19 I was an Asst. Manager at a restaurant, and these kids thought it was funny to call 911 on the payphone by the bathrooms. This was in a corner that was almost impossible for the employees to see unless you were coming out of or going into the bathrooms. Still, the cops showed up and I got my butt chewed for not controlling the use of the phone. :rolleyes:

Mirlyn

Bubba said:
Is Wichita always like that?

What can I say....we're a bad town :p

Nah. Not particularly. I'll call in accidents when I come across them no matter how minor if they affect traffic and if the authorities don't know about them already. There's far too much rubbernecking around here. People get big balls and try to get fancy driving around them (like gun it going around the accident) and end up causing another accident.

ris

PuterTutor said:
ris said:
i called it once when the missus weren't good.
She was beating you up? :eek: :p

she was having difficulty breathing and she went into a panic - some sort of inflamation of the airway. by the time the ambulance arrived [phreaking quickly btw] she was improving. it was before the days we had a car so the choice was the bus or 999, i went with the latter.

Inkara1

My family's cat dialed 911 once. No shit. My dad had just woke up, and my mom and I were still asleep. Well, this cop showed up at the door and said someone had dialed 911 from our house. Our kitty, Ben, who was really tiny at the time, was sitting on the shelf right by the phone. The cop suggested that my dad mount the phone on the wall.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I had to call them once when my dad was home for a few days when he had leukemia. he passed out while eatting breakfast and we couldn't get him to come around.

Well, I TRIED to call and it kept giving me an error cause I was so paniced so my mom did it...

drkavnger99

I have called 911 a few times the most recent of which was last summer during a really dry streak I watched a street paver vehicle spark horrendously on the side of the road as he kept going obliviously. To my horror the side of the road caught fire and so I called 911 they came out and put out the fire and then tried to give me a ticket for pulling over on a soft shoulder! Pfft morons!

HeXp£Øi±

My family's cat dialed 911 once

liar!

Just kidding.:D
The reason that can happen so easily is because it doesn't matter what numbers you dial if 911 is in their you'll get the 911 operater. The reason for this i would imagine is bacause people panic and press the wrong numbers sometimes when dialing 911. I also know from experience. My friend gave me his 'new phone number' once. 225 5911. I dialed it and got the 911 operater. WTF?!! i said, apologizing profusely. Dialed it again.. "911 emergency" SHIT!! Sorry lady. Called my friend back at his old number and he answers the phone, "911 emergency".

Bastard.:D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
ummmmm that things about the 911 inside the number isn't true in all places. My aunt's number is *91-1*** (stars obviously being other numbers)

Mirlyn

On my old cell phone, even with keylock on, you could still dial 911. It happeneds a lot with my friends, they put the phone in their pocket and it'll dial the numbers. It locks out all the numbers except 911 in that sequence. So you could lock the phone and press 8976546576134676517956132461 and it'll dial 911 (it stores the 9, then will wait for a 1, then another 1, no matter what's pressed inbetween the numbers)

Hector

Yup. That was just so funny. I know it was bad, but I couldnt stop myself.

You should've heard the operator....she was like, "OMFG...don't panic, just calmly get some sort of towel to stop the bleeding and pull it out"....and that's when she asked, "How did it get into the paper shredder anyway?"

Aunty Em

OK... I admit... I once called the operator from a public phone, with my brother when I was about 11, and said lots of rude things to her... well it was fun at the time...

Does this mean I don't get my angel wings?... :evilgrin:

Inkara1

HeXp£Øi± said:
My family's cat dialed 911 once
The reason that can happen so easily is because it doesn't matter what numbers you dial if 911 is in their you'll get the 911 operater. The reason for this i would imagine is bacause people panic and press the wrong numbers sometimes when dialing 911.

If you take the phone off the hook and punch in some random numbers, then leave it off the hook, if I remember correctly it'll also be routed to 911, because for all anyone knows you could be a near-lifeless body with three bloody stumps trying to call 911.