E-mail Notficiations

woodman19_99

I was just curious, but I have that option clicked in Options section, but I haven't received an e-mail for like 2 days. ?( I know people have responded because I hang around here during the day, but no e-mail notes. What gives?

Q

Did you check "subscribe to thread"? You should receive an email each time that thread is replied to. You have to check that option for each thread you'd like notification from. There is an option to do that under the quick reply box on each page.

Q

woody, did you break the board? :D

I notified the vb wizard...so hopefully your mailbox will be jam packed pretty soon.

woodman19_99

um, i certainly hope not. Boy would that piss a COUPLE of people off. :D

Thanks for notifying the vb wizard Q... your a doll.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Do you get private message notifications? If you do, then it could be because you're not marking the forums read, which resets your last visit time. The forum will only send you a notification about the thread if you have visited since it was created or the last notification was sent. (Does that make sense? :tardbang: )

woodman19_99

So what qualifies as a visit? Do I have to click on a link in an e-mail I received? "5/20/03 12:18pm" is what it says as the last time I visited. The problem is I have posted since then and people have replied, i.e. this very thread. I don't get any PM's ever. sniff sniff

woodman19_99

Who's ready for the bone head of the month award!?! Turns out I wasn't getting e-mails at work because, in my infinite wisdom, I left Outlook running when I left from work today, so all the e-mails were being downloaded!!!!!

:retard: :retard3: :retard2: :retard7: :retard6:= woodman

Aunty Em

Well, whatever you did I'm now getting emails again.... arrgh! oh god! I'm snowed under.... there may have been a problem with my ISP.... how unusual! :lol:

Inkara1

Aunty Em said:
Well, whatever you did I'm now getting emails again.... arrgh! oh god! I'm snowed under.... there may have been a problem with my ISP.... how unusual! :lol:

Well, duh, the problem was already fixed! woodman 19_99 left Outlook open. Once he closed it, all worked as it should. :D