Don't Panic.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Saw it last night with the kids. The verdict is in. Two loved it and got most of the humor, one of which will be looking for the books to read :headbang:

Two couldn't have cared less, but they got popcorn and sodas at a movie theater, so all is good.

The wife says I owe her.

Professur

PT said:
Saw it last night with the kids. The verdict is in. Two loved it and got most of the humor, one of which will be looking for the books to read :headbang:

Two couldn't have cared less, but they got popcorn and sodas at a movie theater, so all is good.

The wife says I owe her.

And where are you in all this?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Oh, I thought it was pretty good, they got the humor, but different than what I thought it would be. Not really that different from any book they try to make into a movie.

Professur

Well, I saw this steaming pile of dog turds in the cheapy bin and figured that I really should have it in the collection ... just to uphold my geek status. Chucked it into the player last night, and hit the couch. V2.0 draped over me, V4.0 snoring his head off on the missus in the rocker, and V3.0 making like a throw rug on the floor.

Verdict. Everyone who hadn't read the books thought it was great. Everyone who had read the books (population:me) thought it sucked the shit out of an elephant's ass.

It scares me that Doug Adams put his name to such crap.

Seems like I've given a similar review recently. Maybe it's just me.

Inkara1

Professur said:
Seems like I've given a similar review recently. Maybe it's just me.
Nope. I did a search for "sucked the shit out of an elephant's ass" and it returned no results.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Prof said:
It scares me that Doug Adams put his name to such crap.

Doug Adams died a few years back. His estate is responsible for that pile of excriment...

Professur

That's what I thought. But his name is listed as the writer of the screenplay. Evidently he wrote it before he kicked off.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
That's what I thought. But his name is listed as the writer of the screenplay. Evidently he wrote it before he kicked off.

He did, but that didn't stop the editors from cutting it to ribbons. ;) I believe the term is "Adapted from a screenplay by Douglas Adams"...

Professur

That makes a little more sense. Just couldn't see him destroying his name for a few measly million more.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
Everyone who had read the books (population:me) thought it sucked the shit out of an elephant's ass.

Never read it & that seems to be a reasonable facsimile of what I thought. Too goofy to live.

unclehobart

Now I'm afraid to watch the movie when it hits cable. Most movies don't survive the transition to the screen. I have little doubt that this one will be weak as skim milk.

Professur

Ummm. Let's put it this way. The only thing you'll risk recognising from the books is a few names, and 6 pints of bitter. (Nope, didn't order bitter, the black, american-accented Ford ordered 6 beers)