[Cosmetics] Nads - Not those Nads

HubbaHubba

Different Nads.

Okay you've all seen that really gimpy infommercial at like 3:30am when nothing else is on other than Chef Tony and phone sex ads. Does the shit work? How bad does it sting? Does it taste good? How long will one jar or whatever last?

My facial hair is growing in faster than i deem appropriate(and the babe digs a smoooooth face) and was told that i'd need to use a debilitory cream rather than shave to slow this down. However, im not going to be a complete retard and put hot wax on my face. I could also see losing hair in other places if i liked it... :hump:

I would prefer not to give money to infommericals no matter how good the product is so what are some better options? What about ingrown hairs? Will it eventually stop growing in completely? African or european swallow? Nair and other products like it, will they leave that black "hair under skin" look? You dont believe i actually want this for my face do you? you think im a frikken hairy beast from Ukraine or other equal only less superior country do you?(even though i am ) You came here for balls anyway didnt you?

Thanks! :hump:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
From what I understand, most hair removal chemicals are NOT made for the face. The face is more sensitive to that, not to mention the fact that you have eyes, nose and throat to worry about there too with the fumes from the product. I'd just keep shaving every morning. Use hot water, a new blad in the razor as soon as it needs it and be sure to rinse with cold water when done shaving.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Get an Epilator....Its an electric gadget that rips the hair out by the roots ...It hurts like hell, from all reports, and the hair grows back. But not until the bleeding folicles have all healed.... :retard:

Kinda like PT's new shaver before he found out it works better in the "on" position.... :lol:

HubbaHubba

thats the thing though PT, its like a wax, only they use it on peoples faces in the infommercials. it can be used on eyebrows and they showed it for regular face. I take it you havent seen them though lol

Janimal

Men's faces, or women's faces? There is a difference between the two with regard to hair removal.

You would think that products you can use on a woman's face would be OK for men to use too. But it doesn't really work out that way, probably because of the greater thickness of the hairs on a man.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well, I haven't seen the infomercial, but let me just say that the idea of waxing my face or any other part of my body does NOT appeal to me. It just looks like torture. :(

HubbaHubba

Im a guy Janimal, but yeah thats true, i wouldnt see anything wrong with it other than extra pain the first time. I checked out the website (www.nads.com ... tehe) It says i can. Who knows those its like 30$ so not a lifealtering investment. If it doesnt work im sure someone will use it, even if that means i eat it.

greenfreak

I ordered something called Enleve from an infomercial and it didn't work. When I called, I had to go through a 10 minute conversation where they tried to sell me all sorts of other stuff but wouldn't let me order till they pitched everything else. Immediately afterwards they sold my name and address and I got slammed with telemarketing calls and mail.

Don't do it, it's not worth it. Go get waxed at a salon. They're professionals and will do it right. Oh and it hurts like a bitch the first time (I don't know if it hurts after the first time; never did it again). I have very sensitive skin and bleed even when all I'm doing is plucking the eyebrows. I got my eyebrows waxed once and that was enough for me. I'm pluckin from now on.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The gotee is going away? *falls to her knees and weeps*

honestly, I would just go with the shaving. I have tried all sorts of cremes and stuff on my legs and none of it seems to last any longer than shaving, you have to leave them on a VERY long time usually (I woudl imagine even more so with course facial hair) and they often smell quite unpleasant.

HubbaHubba

Inkara1 said:
I'll tell you what, I don't want any guy's nads near my face.

Dont worry, its made by an aussie chick

Its been gone for a while Nixy :\ I figure i'll grow it back eventually though. being the hairy ukrainian that i am however i'd love to slow down how dense and black its getting. Plus i figure i could use whats left over too, in a year or so i'll probably have a decent fur coat all over :p

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I say don't do any waxing at all...

It can damage the hair roots *or whatever it's called* and the hair will never grow there again...if you ever want in the future to have a beard, you'll not be able to, it'd be way too sparse.

chcr

Too cute for words
My chin has not seen the light of day since 1982. I do shave my neck, however. I don't know how fast yours grows, but for me a mug and brush and very hot water keeps me smooth for about four hours. Oh yeah, disposable razor, new one every week. Mine grows pretty fast. When I used to play in clubs I'd shave twice a day.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
HubbaHubba said:
Dont worry, its made by an aussie chick
I wouldn't want an aussie chick's nads near my face either. That means she either used to be a man or is a man in disguise :eek:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Two words...Magic Shave. It's mainly for folks who get Pseudofolliculitis Barbae, but would work just as well for those who don't. One word of caution, though. Follow the instructions to the letter, or you will know pain. Personal experience, AKA the reason I stopped using it, and went back to blades.

MrBishop

Lasers or electricity...they both burn out the hair follicles and supposedly stop hair growth from the ones that you've zapped. I've considered doing it where I never want hair...on the neck, cheeks, eyebrows...all the pain the ass locations to shave.

Nair - don't touch it...a LOT of people are allergic and it will lead to ingrown hairs.
Wax - damn...If you like pain that much buddy, you cna have it, but not for me.