Cockfighting

Professur

It needs to be recognized that the need for hunting for herd management is a direct offshoot of the extermination of predators in support of farmers trying to protect their herds, which are needed to feed the city people (who can't grow their own food), and that the CITY folk are those usually most inclined to object to hunting in the first place.

Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother, doesn't it?

greenfreak

CITY folk are those usually most inclined to object to hunting in the first place.

Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother, doesn't it?

GD CITY folk.

Wait, are you insinuating that I'm a city folk and I'm objecting? :erm:

You didn't really answer though. Do you hunt and do you eat what you hunt?

Professur

I intend to hunt, but haven't the time to put towards it at the moment. I do eat what others hunt, and would eat my own kills. I wouldn't hunt 'for a trophy' but if a trophy happens to be in the herd of 4 legged food items passing in range, I'd take it, if only because taking a younger animal wouldn't mean that the big guy would have a better chance. But the smaller animal that I let go might well be let pass by others waiting for a trophy too. I'd more likely, however, take a doe. The reports I've seen from Natural Resources says they're severely underhunted and the chances of them getting bred by their own get is a serious concern.

chcr

Too cute for words
Ok next question... Those of you who think it's digusting to pit animal against animal for sport. What about hunting for sport? Is hunting only ok when you intend on ingesting your kill?

Thanks for indulging me. :)

Hunting for sport is just as disgusting. Hunting for food is fine. There is also nothing wrong with enjoying the hunt, IMO. Note that (also IMO) sitting in a tree and throwing bait on the ground is not hunting, that's fishing. I don't say it's wrong, but it ain't hunting.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Cockfighting - Find it disgusting, but like others aren't going to condemn something that I find disgusting if it truly is part of their culture.

Dogfighting - Pretty much agree with Prof, its disgusting as well, but also reprehensible, as these dogs are loyal animals with a bit more cognitive ability that roosters.

Hunting - If you're doing it for food, I think it's fine, as long as the hunter has some morals. Even hunters hunting for food should be prepared to make a quick and clean kill. I went hog-hunting once where a couple of the guys were flinging arrows as soon as they saw a hog, didn't care where they hit it, just that they did. I will not take a shot unless I am fairly sure that I can make a kill shot.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Aye, I'm still alive, them bastards at work are still expecting me to work though....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I haven't had enough gumption to go hunting in years but, yea...killing critters for dinner is good....killing 'em just to kill 'em is stupid.