CIGARETTE SMOKING CONTRIBUTOR TO GLOBAL WARMING

highwayman

Gore does better at comedy then politics...

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore warned hundreds of U.N. diplomats and staff on Thursday evening about the perils of climate change, claiming: Cigarette smoking is a "significant contributor to global warming!"

Gore, who was introduced by Secretary-General Kofi Annan, said the world faces a "full-scale climate emergency that threatens the future of civilization on earth."

Gore showed computer-generated projections of ocean water rushing in to submerge the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, parts of China, India and other nations, should ice shelves in Antarctica or Greenland melt and slip into the sea.

"The planet itself will do nicely, thank you very much what is at risk is human civilization," Gore said. After a series of Q& A with the audience, which had little to do with global warming and more about his political future, Annan bid "adios" to Gore.

Then, Gore had his staff opened a stack of cardboard boxes to begin selling his new book, "An Inconvenient Truth, The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It," $19.95, to the U.N. diplomats.

Professur

ocean water rushing in to submerge the San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, parts of China, India and other nations, should ice shelves in Antarctica or Greenland melt and slip into the sea.

"The planet itself will do nicely, thank you very much what is at risk is human civilization,"

He needs to make up his mind. Is it gonna wipe out civilisation, or San Fan and NY. They're mutually exclusive.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I just noticed something...the hot air he's spouting must be hurting the environment more than my smoking...:grinyes:

spike

Anyone notice highwayman didn't provide a link?

Gonz, I notice you posted but didn't say anything about it. Professur, I think you've got something to say about this behavior right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You're absolutely right. He didn't. It's also a story that can be found by looking at virtually any news site but, in the interest of the AUP, highwayman, please provide a link to the authorship of your story.

spike

Got to try to apply those standards in a standard way.

I'm searching and can't find the story. Link would be good.

Professur

It would be easier if three quarters of the staff hadn't decided to up and abandon us. Luis can't handle it all himself, and gonz is usually in the thick of it, and only seeing half the conversation. And I'm damned if I'm gonna take on the job full time again.

Anyone want a job? Send references to Sam.

spike

It would be easier if three quarters of the staff hadn't decided to up and abandon us. Luis can't handle it all himself, and gonz is usually in the thick of it, and only seeing half the conversation. And I'm damned if I'm gonna take on the job full time again.

Anyone want a job? Send references to Sam.

Understandable. It'd be good if the next addition was a little less right-leaning. I'm sure you can see how this comes off as somewhat one-sided enforcement.