Canada ROCKS!

nalani

Ok .. for some reason, even though I've heard them and have been aware of them for a while now, I'm suddenly all freaking OBSESSED with NICKELBACK!!!

So, you Canucks out there .. what's a 'nickelback'? Like, something costs $4.95, you give them a $5 bill, and you get a nickelback? :D

That got me to thinking, so I did a little research and found quite a few excellent bands and artists from the Great White North:

The Lovin' Spoonful
Neil Young
The Band
Heart
The Guess Who
Steppenwolf
Rush
The Tragically Hip
Bachmann Turner Overdrive
Our Lady Peace
Finger Eleven
Shania Twain
Bryan Adams
Alanis Morrisette
Sam Roberts
Avril Lavigne
Bif Naked

Thank you, Canada! :canada: :cool:

RUSH is from Canada? *is in love with Neal Peart*

don't forget Bare Naked Ladies ... anyone know what's happening with them?

so i heard on the radio once that the band was named after the fact that the guys worked at a coffee shop and a coffee ended up at $1.95 so if you gave them 2 bucks you got a nickel back....and if that ain't true a nickel back is a football position.

Sharky said:
That got me to thinking, so I did a little research and found quite a few excellent bands and artists from the Great White North:
David Wilcox

Jazzy/Bluesy Rock. I think some of you guys will just love him. I do. :)

Good samples to try on that page are:

Riverboat Fantasy, Bad Apple, and Bearcat. He has sooooooo many wonderful timeless songs, I can't get enough listening to him.

Leslie said:
David Wilcox

Riverboat Fantasy, Bad Apple, and Bearcat. He has sooooooo many wonderful timeless songs, I can't get enough listening to him.
Hey, that guy's pretty good!

Kind of a folksy New Orleans sound. :cool:

Leslie said:
David Wilcox

You forgot my personal favorite, "Eye of the Hurricane."

tonksy said:
so i heard on the radio once that the band was named after the fact that the guys worked at a coffee shop and a coffee ended up at $1.95 so if you gave them 2 bucks you got a nickel back....and if that ain't true a nickel back is a football position.
What position is a nickel back? I've heard of the nickel defense, but not a nickel back.

They are still languishing in bargain bins and what ever happened to compilations. They put out a best of a few years back. Disappointing choices, but it was all I could find on CD from them.

Neil Young would be my favourite of all time.

Ah, and the beautiful Shania. :kiss:

1.jpg

See Americans, there is more up here in Canada than just polar bears and eskimos.

Nickelback....wow....no comment.

Shania makes up for the crap you keep shoving at us but it is getting tiring.

maybe yous could arrange a little "accident" while some of em are down there?

We'll shut up about the beef in exchange.

Some more CanEHdian bands, eh? ;)

Some of my favorites (well, favorite may be too strong a word for Simple Plan, but they are from Montreal, so I kinda gotta mention them)

Our Lady Peace
I Mother Earth
Alanis Morissette
Bif Naked
Loreena McKennitt
Matthew Good Band
Moist
Treble Charger
Simple Plan

K62 said:
Neil Young would be my favourite of all time.

Ah, and the beautiful Shania. :kiss:

1.jpg

See Americans, there is more up here in Canada than just polar bears and eskimos.

But Kay-Are she is DOWN HERE!!!

Back