Cain did good tonight.

2minkey

bootlicker
whose views and actions at the time were very much in the conservative mold. southern democrats gonz. you're never gonna win that one. unless you think a name speaks louder than reality. well, i guess so...

does a "liberation army" typically have much to do with liberty?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The same mold? On very select issues, perhaps. Modern conservatives (classical liberalism), simply want small government that stays the fuck out of our lives. That includes not changing the traditional rules & methods to fit some new ideology.

Who a homosexual sleeps with doesn't concern anyone. provided it's consensual. Changing marriage traditions is interference.

Abortion...nobodies business? What about the staple of the USA? "Life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness". Kinda puts a damper on all three.

Religion...every single founding document contains some reference to a deity. Hell, even the 2nd specifically says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" So much for public parks being religion free zones.

etc etc

Most of the recent changes in our nation are not from societal evolution. They are forced, mostly by extreme leftists (insert marxism here) looking to radically chnage our system to a federal nanny state with all its trappings & abolotion of private property rights.

The dixiecrats don't fit the bill for a TEA party member.

2minkey

bootlicker
well gee gonz you seem to have a lot to say about things... some of which are even connected to the point... sort of...

what you are citing are simply differences of era. 45 years ago it woulda been the same tea party fuckers out there protesting against civil rights. now the issues are different, and overt racism seems even too dumb for *most.* but at least we got gays and left-wing "hipsters" to serve as the enemy! weeee!

"changing traditional marriage is interference."

really. for whom?

right. let me know when your preferred form of marriage is made illegal, penalized, et cetera. gays getting married has no bearing on your marriage. or is marriage a special club that only people like you should join?

and yeah yeah it's all those leftists that have ruined the US culture. cause, you know, those lefty types are far more powerful that, say, big business. LMAO.

i didn't realize my private property right had been abolished. you're really trying to be laughed at, aren't you?

at the end of the day, it's dixiecrats, the tea party, and you, snug as bugs in ze rug, having the foundational and durable bond of preferring those that are culturally identical to oneself.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
45 years ago it woulda been the same tea party fuckers out there protesting against civil rights

Spoken like a true blue leftist. Face it sunshine, whether you think you are or not, you follow their talking points to a T.

2minkey

bootlicker
right. simple pattern recognition beyond your lame-ass literalism makes me a leftist.

that's the difference between me and you. i'd support a rational candidate like mccotter. you seem to like the folks that are good at dropping the name of the father all cheerleader-like, and know nothing of the universe beyond their back 40.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Know nothing of it or just don't follow your leanings?

Lame-assed literalism, huh. So then, in the good world of leftist ideology, we can turn
words into living breathing things so that nobody knows their meaning? Good plan Josef.

2minkey

bootlicker
Know nothing of it or just don't follow your leanings?

Lame-assed literalism, huh. So then, in the good world of leftist ideology, we can turn
words into living breathing things so that nobody knows their meaning? Good plan Josef.

words are living and evolving things you weenie. maybe you think plato was a commie too?

you do not realize that the symbols and tales your heroes spin greatly resemble marketing aimed at children.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
words are living and evolving things you weenie.

Well, there ya go.

What dictionary do you use for evolutionary words? I've always been fond of Oxford, but they haven't evolved much, sorry.

2minkey

bootlicker
and we ain't speakin' proper oxford, broheim.

if you think a word means one thing, always and forever, and/or that its meanings do not shift due to various sociocultural influences... hmmm. "teabagger" seems to have evolved in meaning over the past few years. seems to refer to a specific group of people now, rather than as a simple reference to one that engages in such activities. (perhaps peel could provide some expert "from the trenches" testimony on this one.)

some haven't made the choice you made to cut oneself off from exploring anything in depth, save for a few pieces of scripture.

it's not all as easy as rock and roll.

let me get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_change

2minkey

bootlicker
you're a one trick pony, mcfly.

johnny_sokko_wallpaper_01.jpg

your level of achievement in the robo-poopdeck-swabbie junior league has been noted. please return to your regularly-scheduled tasks and say nothing of this incident.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I refuse to allow the government one inch more than they were allotted. I've studied the men who wrote it & the documents themselves. You keep giving them more Biff. I won't.

ResearchMonkey

and we ain't speakin' proper oxford, broheim.

if you think a word means one thing, always and forever, and/or that its meanings do not shift due to various sociocultural influences... hmmm. "teabagger" seems to have evolved in meaning over the past few years. seems to refer to a specific group of people now, rather than as a simple reference to one that engages in such activities. (perhaps peel could provide some expert "from the trenches" testimony on this one.)

some haven't made the choice you made to cut oneself off from exploring anything in depth, save for a few pieces of scripture.

it's not all as easy as rock and roll.

let me get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_change

"Beautiful thing, the destruction of words."

minor-attracted adults

Celebrate Diversity.

2minkey

bootlicker
Not until you simply apply it

apply WHAT? the constitution?

dude, stop making excuses or trying to redirect to your security blanket.

language changes. meanings shift.

learn something chimp-mo.

if you're so hung up on the idea that acknowledging language change might open the possibility that - oh my fucking god - things in your scripture might not be exactly what your frozen interpretation says they are... tough shit. get your head out of the comics and get your ass back in that truck. those tricycles ain't gonna deliver themselves.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yea, really , RM, words have meanings unless minkey says they dont;

ResearchMonkey

interesting link RM... how do you find this crap? :erm:

not too relevant either. hey what's new?
It's a replay event. Same thing happened in 1972, homosexuality was normalized by getting it removed from the DSM. -- I mean, whats wrong with two consenting human beings enjoying each other, right?

Word salad, Celebrate Diversity.

2minkey

bootlicker
Yea, really , RM, words have meanings unless minkey says they dont;

no, words have meanings that shift depending on culture and context.

you really can't finish a discussion without a puss-out. "unless minkey says they don't whine whine whine." OMG off the scale intimidation by a make-believe lefty. what shall you ever do?

either take a shit or go away. you've had nothing substantive to say here.

don't think that language changes? be my guest in proving it, sawhorse.