Bush approves nuclear response

Aunty Em

Shadowfax said:
the muslim community though...hmmm...

that's what I was thinking...

tommyj27 said:
when you take a resigned attitude like that, you've given your tacit approval for anything our respective administrations may choose to do.

Sometimes I just get tired of banging my head on a brick wall which isn't listening...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
All this also depends upon what the Chinese and the Russians want to do. Remember...Russia and China are much closer to Iraq than the US and the UK. If Iraq goes nuclear, you think China and Russia would sit idly by? I'm sure they know, on some levels, what they'll do if we don't. ;)

tommyj27

Not really Banned
Aunty Em said:
Sometimes I just get tired of banging my head on a brick wall which isn't listening...

my good (and bad) ideas build up on the inside of my skull like cholesterol so if i don't bang my head on a wall frequently to shake them loose they build up and my head can't do anything, remembering my name, breathing, etc. ;)

Here's a pdf i found on the effects of wmd for anyone interested.
http://www.nbc-med.org/SiteContent/MedRef/OnlineRef/FieldManuals/fm8_10_7/chg1/CHAP2.PDF

nnewton

how is saddam going to deliver this biological payload? if he really wants to do it, why hasnt he done it already? he's had 12 years since the gulf war.

Professur

And no targets. Remember, he'll only get one shot to use them before the entire world gets in on it. He'll save it until he can make it count.

Professur

The other thing everyone needs to remember is that Iraq is still a major source of the world's oil. Any war in that area is gonna effect oil exports. Extremists will attack any and all outgoing tankers. Be they from Iran, Kuwait, Saudi, or any other country in the region. The US might see the oil waiting for them, but the rest of the world is still reeling from a recession and can't afford to have major oil shortages.

Can all outgoing tankers be protected from a maniac in a explosive loaded zodiac or helicopter? And if Saddam decides to play an endgame and contaminate his oilfields, can we really get along without the reserves of oil that would be lost? Don't forget what he did in Kuwait. Setting the oilfields on fire. Think he wouldn't do that if he was losing?

The worst kind of fight is when the other guy has nothing to lose.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
tommyj27 said:
it'll be ok, dubya is spending billions on developing hydrogen fueled cars

Ya know, it may sound funny now, but give him a few years, it can be done.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It's possible now. There's just no infrastructure to support hydrogen-fueled vehicles.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
There's just no infrastructure to support hydrogen-fueled vehicles.

$1,500,000,000. federal dollars later that may begin to change.

Jeslek

Banned
I don't approve. There is no need to INVADE Canada. All you have to do is order us to bring you something and we will do that and more...

unclehobart

No way! Leave Canada be. Once we win we would have to convert all of the signs to english standard and probably sink a trillion into roads and one mother of an expanded Coast Guard. Its the only decent place to buy Tylenol w/codeine. Don't mess that up for me.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, Mexico? I just want to make it a nice easy one, that's close to home.

Jeslek

Banned
I'm quite sure we're all terribly afraid of the Danes invading us from Greenland.

And remember, if you take Canada, Quebec is unfortunately included. They might have some issues fitting in.